Koru Club access (guests)

Old Aug 24, 19, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Koru Club access (guests)

When guesting as a elite can you guest a person who is flying at the same time but a different flight or can only a Koru club member do that ?
Auckland international airport
Old Aug 24, 19, 6:05 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
As long as they are ticketed with an air nz flight that day and are with you, they will be let in. They don't have to be on the same flight as you. As far as I know there are no benefits Koru gets that Elite doesn't.
Beano likes this.
Old Aug 24, 19, 10:49 am

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer View Post
As long as they are ticketed with an air nz flight that day and are with you, they will be let in. They don't have to be on the same flight as you. As far as I know there are no benefits Koru gets that Elite doesn't.
As you are *G, they don't even need to be travelling NZ. They can be travelling on any Star Alliance airline that day.
kiwifrequentflyer likes this.
Old Aug 28, 19, 11:09 pm

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
In the WLG regional lounge now. Packed, not unexpectedly. Staff were turning away customers with guests., but couldnt tell if they were KC, NZ*G or NZ*GE.

One lady was distraught that staff reported that sparkling water was unavailable from the multi-tap. She complained loudly she had left another lounge that was also unable to offer sparkling water....
Old Aug 30, 19, 2:27 am

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Elite, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi View Post
In the WLG regional lounge now. Packed, not unexpectedly. Staff were turning away customers with guests., but couldnt tell if they were KC, NZ*G or NZ*GE.

One lady was distraught that staff reported that sparkling water was unavailable from the multi-tap. She complained loudly she had left another lounge that was also unable to offer sparkling water....
last time I was in a temporary lounge everyone seeking a guest was refused - some were mouthing off quite bad

of course that was an over reaction re the water; but as a (largely) non-drinker, Koru really does not put in an effort with non-alcoholic drinks
Old Sep 6, 19, 3:30 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum, VA Gold
Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy View Post
last time I was in a temporary lounge everyone seeking a guest was refused - some were mouthing off quite bad

of course that was an over reaction re the water; but as a (largely) non-drinker, Koru really does not put in an effort with non-alcoholic drinks
What other non alcoholic drinks are you after? There are hot drinks, water, juice, soft drinks. I wouldn't expect smoothies. There's the old half OJ half lemonade. You could ask for a mocktail at international as long as they have the ingredients. They will make alternative cocktails from the list if they have ingredients.
kiwifrequentflyer likes this.
Old Sep 6, 19, 4:36 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
We literally get bariasta coffee, and, people, are complaining the Koru doesn't put effort into its non alcoholic drinks.

Outside of Qantas I am trying to think of other lounges I have been to around the world that offer this and am drawing a blank. I haven't visited a VA lounge, they probably do as well.

Last edited by kiwifrequentflyer; Sep 6, 19 at 4:48 am
Old Sep 8, 19, 4:36 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Elite, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly View Post
What other non alcoholic drinks are you after? There are hot drinks, water, juice, soft drinks. I wouldn't expect smoothies. There's the old half OJ half lemonade. You could ask for a mocktail at international as long as they have the ingredients. They will make alternative cocktails from the list if they have ingredients.
OK, what would I like in domestic koru:
  • options beyond basic post mix - check out a fridge in a dairy, there's a lot out there
  • options that are not all sugar / artificial sweeteners
  • 'premium' soft drink range (they have had some offerings in the past) etc etc
I agree coffee options are good in places where there is a barrista
Erasmus III likes this.

Search this Thread