Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Boost Journeys

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2019, 8:22 am

WLG-AKL-LAX-LAS
Resulted in two journeys one for WLG-AKL & one AKL-LAX the last leg on UA got SP but not a SB journey. As UA not a co-op partner on that route
kiwifrequentflyer likes this.

Last edited by nzkarit; Aug 11, 2019 at 6:11 pm
Old Aug 11, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
There was an App update the other day that provided Status Boost functionality
Old Aug 11, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by LyingFlat
They do appear to under the AP Terms & Conditions

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/airp...and-conditions
That's the definition if you're traveling domestically in the same direction on two or more flights, but doesn't necessarily apply if the flight changes direction during a transit - and therein lies the problem when Air NZ can't actually define something clearly.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
I suspect there are combinations of flights set up in NZ's system which define a journey, eg., SYD-AKL-LAX. But there are combinations that they haven't thought of and aren't set up, eg., PVG-AKL-EZE, that don't even have available earn rates, in which case earning will be by sector. This could explain why a previous poster who had a flight cancellation that had to take a detour via AKL had 2 journeys.
A domestic change of direction is almost always two journeys. You win big when it's an irrops cancellation that requires a reroute as it'll normally be maximum points earn for the change of direction route which can be very generous - from memory ROT-AKL-WLG is 54 SP which is what you earn on a full price fare.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 11:21 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Markhm
There was an App update the other day that provided Status Boost functionality
Just noticed this for the first time, sitting at 5/10 but my status rolls over on 16th of this month so it looks like if you dont get to the 10 you lose them
Old Sep 20, 2019, 4:45 am

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Do they count as NZ metal

Just curious if the status boost status credits count as NZ metal for Elite requalification?
Old Sep 20, 2019, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by oranjemakker
Just curious if the status boost status credits count as NZ metal for Elite requalification?
I'm 99% sure it does, I got my first boost a few weeks ago and had taken a screenshot of my balance page the day before to double check this.

Unfortunately I snipped the image on my laptop but then forgot to save it so am relying on memory to compare figures.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Edit:whoops, I was wrong, but cannot delete my post
Old Sep 20, 2019, 10:49 pm

Programs: NZ*GE
As we all kind of suspected LHR-LAX-AKL which I did recently counted as one journey and for one out of ten towards status boost
Old Sep 20, 2019, 10:59 pm

Programs: NZ *G
Originally Posted by flykiwifly
As we all kind of suspected LHR-LAX-AKL which I did recently counted as one journey and for one out of ten towards status boost
Ditto, even though I did NZ1/NZ5.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Originally Posted by oranjemakker
Just noticed this for the first time, sitting at 5/10 but my status rolls over on 16th of this month so it looks like if you dont get to the 10 you lose them
Based on my experience, you should get a pro-rated credit (although that was triggered by going up a level, rather than hitting my pre-set status year end).

I just flew SYD-AKL-LAX which was both my first NZ metal journey since they introduced Status Boost journeys and also the journey that moved up to Elite... and on my statement I have "Frequent Flyer Status Boost (Gold-Partial Credit) NZ" and 1.5 SC! Makes sense since it was 1 journey out of 10, so 10% of the possible 15SC boost for a Gold.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 12:57 pm

Partial is only when you move up a tier. If hit expiry date it's back to 0.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 2:28 pm

Has anybody been successfully credited with status boost journeys for UA codeshare flights? The flight I took a week ago met the requirements but I'm pretty sure I haven't been credited for it. SP/APD were credited within about 24 hours.

"If your Journey is with Air New Zealand or an Air New Zealand flight number and ticketed booking on a Qualifying Partner Airline Flight, and earns Status Points, it will count towards your Frequent Flyer Status Boost."
Old Oct 20, 2019, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Has anybody been successfully credited with status boost journeys for UA codeshare flights? The flight I took a week ago met the requirements but I'm pretty sure I haven't been credited for it. SP/APD were credited within about 24 hours.

"If your Journey is with Air New Zealand or an Air New Zealand flight number and ticketed booking on a Qualifying Partner Airline Flight, and earns Status Points, it will count towards your Frequent Flyer Status Boost."
The way I read it, was only the AKL-SFO on UA counted.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by nzkarit
The way I read it, was only the AKL-SFO on UA counted.
Yes the only qualifying flight is AKL-SFO (or SFO-AKL) from my interpretation, similarly I think the SP on domestic UA aren’t qualifying SP for NZ points for requalification for Elite in my understanding even if flights have a NZ number on a 086 ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.