Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Koru Club/Star Alliance LAX Guest Lounge Access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2019, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Apologies if this is not the right forum to ask this but here goes, I have Koru Club membership and so have access to the LAX Star Alliance lounge.
I’m unfortunately getting conflicting information regarding guest access from Air NZ and Star Alliance.
According to online chat with Air NZ, I can bring one guest into the Star Alliance lounge at LAX with me if they are departing on the same Air NZ flight as me and that is it as far as is bringing a guest into the lounge.
I messaged Star Alliance (letting them know I was Koru Club also) and they said I can bring in one guest as long as that guest is on any Star Alliance flight leaving that same day, and they referred me to their website which under the Paid Lounge Membership access confirms this - but this only lists United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Club as the only two paid eligible memberships, no mention of Koru Club as a paid membership.
I’m guessing Air NZ’s info in the chat will hold sway, but even their website doesn’t specifically mention the guests flight status - not anywhere I could find unfortunately.
Anyone had any experience with this thanks?

Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:03 am

Pretty sure AirNZ will apply. As your access is to the lounge for Koru members to the NZ partner longue before NZ metal & tickerted flight.

Yes it is a *A longue but not using *A to access it.

United and Air Canada are slightly different as in essence they sell *A longue access, which can be used before any *A metal flight, so they are called out specially as they are a special access
Old Aug 8, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
What is your actual question?

You've stated the lounge policy but I'm not sure exactly what your question is or what you're actually wanting to know. I can only assume you're wanting to know something along the lines of whether you can guest somebody in with you who isn't on a NZ ticket while you are?
Old Aug 8, 2019, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Correct - if they are on a Star Alliance flight also on the same day.

But now I've just been messaged back from Star Alliance asking if I was Koru Gold (which I'm not) and they replied that I don't even have lounge access myself now, let alone bringing in a guest according to the link they sent.
"Thank you for confirming this. Unfortunately, lounge access is only available to Star Alliance Gold Customers. To find out more about the status benefits, please follow this link.... (which I can't post until I've hit five posts, which should be after this one)

Which kinda contradicts Air NZ partner lounge info?
Old Aug 8, 2019, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

https://www.staralliance.com/en/recognition
Old Aug 8, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by Outbound24
Correct - if they are on a Star Alliance flight also on the same day.

But now I've just been messaged back from Star Alliance asking if I was Koru Gold (which I'm not) and they replied that I don't even have lounge access myself now, let alone bringing in a guest according to the link they sent.
"Thank you for confirming this. Unfortunately, lounge access is only available to Star Alliance Gold Customers. To find out more about the status benefits, please follow this link.... (which I can't post until I've hit five posts, which should be after this one)

Which kinda contradicts Air NZ partner lounge info?
https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/part...unge-directory

As Koru you do, but maybe there is some confusion about the guesting part
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I don't think there is a simple yes / no answer to your question when it comes to whether this will work - according to T&C you can't, but that's very different to the real world.

As you've pointed out Koru access rules are that the guest has to be on the same flight as you. Domestically this is simply not enforced.

The LAX lounge is not a Koru lounge, but a *A lounge. Air NZ built and managed the lounge (but I'm pretty sure they don't actually manage it now) and Air NZ provide Koru members access to this lounge under Koru rules.

If you turn up the lounge, scan yourself in and ask nicely if you can scan a guest in you may find you have no issue. It really just depends how the agent wants to handle the guest situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.