Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Service on NZ283/NZ284 in J ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2019, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by poopbunny
According to this post, Business Class is good enough to get you both access to the "superior" Silver Kris lounge (as opposed to the Kris Flyer cupboard for *Alliance, I find the word Kris in both confusing).

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24168510-post3.html
In addition, from 6 January 2015, Business Class passengers, Elite members and Elite Partners, when connecting to or from an Air New Zealand or Singapore Airlines flight between New Zealand and Singapore, can access the Singapore Airlines SilverKris Business Class lounge in Singapore.

There are 2 of these SilverKris lounges with showers (and 2 more Kris Flyer lounges, food actually not bad, but no showers in KF).
- Terminal 3 (larger of the 2) (near Transfer A) and closer to the A gates the NZ flight is likely to depart from (likely, at the end, eg. Gate A15), this terminal serves mostly long haul flights.
- Terminal 2 (smaller lounge) (near Transfer E) - serves mostly regional flights. As far as I can tell, the buffet food offerings are no worse than Terminal 3. Before my last 2 NZ263 departues, it was better, less crowded (the made to order, manned noodle/rice bar) at the corner were opened (where there was none at the larger Terminal 3). Hopefully they will be serving those delicous prawn wonton egg noodles in broth when you visit. If you don't like what you see, you can leave and make your way to the closer T3 lounge.

There are 5 light rails connecting Terminals 1, 2 & 3. Of these, 2 of them connect T2 with T3 on either end, one of which, passes through the Jewel.
They run every 2 or 3 minutes and only take about 2 or 3 minutes. You can of course easily "marathon" your way through from T2 to T3 via T1 by foot.

There is also an airside transit hotel in each Terminal, and a hotel in the Jewel too.
Flying East is hard. I suggest you stay awake and tired during your layover, then you should be able to sleep shortly after your takeoff. Once you sleep (layover), maybe difficult to stay awake when on board.
Onboard, I suggest picking one hot item from the menu (dinner/breakfast) and having that for breakfast before landing.
Eyeshades and earplugs are provided, you will need them, because there is some foot traffic during the meal service when you sleep. NZ herringbone layout does not help here.
Seat 9 next to the lavatory was OK, I never heard anyone using it. If anything, maybe the magazine rack overhead behind you, if someone rifles through it.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for tjis extremely helpful post! I Will read and re-read it up until departure.

I pass through Changi a few times a year but its almost always my final destination and going back I usually have dinner in the city and the straight to sleep after a midnight departure heading to Europe. So, dont frequent the lounges. But as a transit passenger both a shower and a made to order rice/noodle meal will be perfect! (Or IF not made to order some lighter option from the buffé)

Thank you again!
Old Aug 10, 2019, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 24left
@LadyBell
I flew NZ284 in Novemebr and while the menu is different, perhaps you can get a sense of the flow of the service and so on from my post and photos.
Have a great marathon run.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30402027-post50.html

What a great trip report and with pictures! Loves seing it all, Everything looks absolutely delish!
Thank you for sharing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.