Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Direct Flights AKL/Perth

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:25 pm

Programs: AirNZ Airpoints Elite
Originally Posted by sbiddle
And BP and PE are always chokka during these times.
I got lucky and had RU’s cleared last year for a return Y-PE. May have been as I was travelling with another (paid PE) I think it was a V1 789 but IMHO NZ would do ok with more premium seats to Perth because FIFO. No doubt they have looked at it with more insight than me however....
Old Aug 2, 2019, 3:48 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by freemark
I got lucky and had RU’s cleared last year for a return Y-PE. May have been as I was travelling with another (paid PE) I think it was a V1 789 but IMHO NZ would do ok with more premium seats to Perth because FIFO. No doubt they have looked at it with more insight than me however....
PER could probably quite happily full an a321NEO twice daily that just had J and PE (if NZ had some in this config).

Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:01 am

And if it made economical sense I'm sure QF would fly their fight all year round as well.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
QF suspended AKL-PER because for it, loadings are seasonal (always easy to get awards/upgrades on it) and with it taking over most of EK's TT capacity, the A330s were deployed more profitably on east coast-AKL flights (and the PER-SIN route went A330 in the past year or so, having previously been a 737 route). Add the QF/PER airport stouches over shifting terminals (Perth Airport was not keen on Qantas moving international routes to its domestic terminal, which it has done for LHR and SIN), but I can see it returning in due course once enough 787s have appeared in the QF fleet, following new route launches and the 747 phase out.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 1:17 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by libertyuk
QF suspended AKL-PER because for it, loadings are seasonal (always easy to get awards/upgrades on it) and with it taking over most of EK's TT capacity, the A330s were deployed more profitably on east coast-AKL flights (and the PER-SIN route went A330 in the past year or so, having previously been a 737 route). Add the QF/PER airport stouches over shifting terminals (Perth Airport was not keen on Qantas moving international routes to its domestic terminal, which it has done for LHR and SIN), but I can see it returning in due course once enough 787s have appeared in the QF fleet, following new route launches and the 747 phase out.
There was talk that someone of the Qantas groups a321NEO orders well the LR could make there way into the QF fleet.

Would be the prefect size for QF to go daily year round.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 2:35 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Qantas won't do anything while they're still having their big spat with Perth airport.

Word was they wanted AKL-PER to land at the domestic terminal to connect with PER-LHR much like Australian domestic connections can.
Mwenenzi and mellon like this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
What is the economy service on these flights, are meals included? I'm on a "W" class ticket.

Last edited by ianwall; Sep 6, 2019 at 10:57 am
Old Sep 6, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by ianwall
What is the economy service on these flights, are meals included? I'm on a "W" class ticket.
It's a seats to suit route. Fare basis not booking class determines whether you get a meal.

Where did you purchase your ticket?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.