Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

What's happening to the seat arrangement on inaugural NZ699?

What's happening to the seat arrangement on inaugural NZ699?

Old Aug 27, 2019, 12:04 am

Programs: AirNZ Airpoints Elite
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Yes 699 leaves AKL in the evening and 698 leaves INV first thing in morning. So people can do a fall day in AKL
Cheers. Can relate to that - most of my AKL trips end up having a fall day too..,😀
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:15 am

Programs: NZ Silver, NZ Koru, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by freemark

I must have missed something - this is at INV?
Lounge is post avsec in AKL so cant fathom why staff pushing out.
Is the A/C & crew overnighting Invercargill?
Did IVC-AKL-IVC for leisure yesterday, followed by IVC-AKL for work this morning. Having sat on both sides of plane, would recommend sitting on the right northbound. Sunrise over Southern Alps this morning was beautiful.
narvik and ps107 like this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by narvik
No kidding!
At ~11020 miles, they'd have to come up with an aircraft capable of flying it first! ^
IVC-ICN-INV

Incidentally only 20 miles further than IVC-INV.

I should pitch the Invercargill Inverness Loch Ness Express to Shane Jones and Tim Shadbolt. I'd go to Inverness just for the duty-free.

​​​​​
narvik likes this.

Last edited by ps107; Aug 27, 2019 at 11:21 am
Old Aug 30, 2019, 2:39 am

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
I booked a car last week. Off the plane in IVC, went to Hertz...no car. A car was waiting in Inverness though.
libertyuk, brenrox, narvik and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:36 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), IHG Spire Elite, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Markhm
I booked a car last week. Off the plane in IVC, went to Hertz...no car. A car was waiting in Inverness though.
😂 oh dear!
Old Sep 2, 2019, 2:30 am

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by sbiddle
When you say two people on scanning are you meaning two standing there operating the metal detector? Most of the delays at ZQN (35 mins for me last Wed and 25 the previous Sat) are because they use a single xray and metal detector but only ever one have one Avsec staff member manning the metal detector which means every time it goes off the whole queue stops.

Proper process should be to have two staff so while one is doing the pat-down that others can continue to be screened.
My Grandma walks to ZQN most days (probably has for the last decade) and even she was shocked at the queues the other day...she was waiting for someone and the 45 mins she was there the queue was all the way back to the baggage claim area...It wasn't even school holidays
Old Sep 2, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by brenrox
My Grandma walks to ZQN most days (probably has for the last decade) and even she was shocked at the queues the other day...she was waiting for someone and the 45 mins she was there the queue was all the way back to the baggage claim area...It wasn't even school holidays
That's just normal - 1hr+ to clear international screening now.

On my last two recent domestic trips the international queue was back to the Koru stairs and I was told it was a good day.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 3:16 am

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by sbiddle
That's just normal - 1hr+ to clear international screening now.

On my last two recent domestic trips the international queue was back to the Koru stairs and I was told it was a good day.
Thankfully I haven't had to fly out of there for a while, but sounds like it has deteriorated. It's not like the number of flights have massively increased either?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.