Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

What's happening to the seat arrangement on inaugural NZ699?

What's happening to the seat arrangement on inaugural NZ699?

Old Jul 16, 19, 4:32 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by mellon View Post
you must be joking? I assume, the NZ PM is really nothing more than a mayor of a medium sized city? ( no insult meant) So does NZ really provide that type of security or were you joking?
Understandable when you consider some of the recent assaults on MPs

Steven Joyce hit by sex toy thrown by protester at Waitangi

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/76604655/
Old Jul 16, 19, 5:40 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by mellon View Post
you must be joking? I assume, the NZ PM is really nothing more than a mayor of a medium sized city? ( no insult meant) So does NZ really provide that type of security or were you joking?
A liked PM like Jacinda or a Dictator like Trump. Hmmm I know who'd i'd happily give up 2A for.
Old Jul 16, 19, 6:20 pm

Seen the Govenor General and her husband in 2D&F and some minders in military uniform in 3DEF.

I was in 1 and was asked to stay seated on arrival until they had left. Though that didn't work as intended as there was a car waiting at the jetway steps (staff ones on the jet way not the rear stairs one) and no one there to open it, so they were waiting there while everyone else just walked along the jet bridge.

We were also late leaving as they waited to after everyone else had boarded. Like after the ground staff had walked down with the printed out list and after scheduled departure time.
Old Jul 16, 19, 8:49 pm

Programs: AirNZ Airpoints Elite
Originally Posted by Rebound View Post
A liked PM like Jacinda or a Dictator like Trump. Hmmm I know who'd i'd happily give up 2A for.
36.9% vs 46.1% of the popular vote respectively. Need to be careful throwing words like Dictator around. Or "liked"
Fliar, bce1, ps107 and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 17, 19, 2:32 am

Programs: NZ EP
Originally Posted by freemark View Post
36.9% vs 46.1% of the popular vote respectively. Need to be careful throwing words like Dictator around. Or "liked"
aha, AIRNZ FT is providing some real socio political treasures at the moment...climate change deniers and now a trumper coming out of the woodwork [runs to grab popcorn]

Old Jul 20, 19, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer View Post

Why would I be joking? Protection level is commensurate with threat level so I believe the standard detail for a PM 3x DPS officers. More or less if required. Compared with leaders of major countries its a very small protection detail.
wow, the Mayor or Toronto better get some security to keep up I have no idea how many security officers travel with Canadas PM, however when I was staying at a hotel that the PM was in a couple of years ago we both went down the elevator together and it was just the 2 of us. I was surprised naturally it was the PM and said to him "what no ice on your floor"
ps107 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 19, 11:26 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Gold Elite
Originally Posted by sbiddle View Post
For many years the PM has always been allocated 2A. Typically 2B will be empty and DPS will sit in 2C.

I try and avoid booking 2A - 2C as I've been bumped numerous times from these seats for VIP pax.
Can confirm this as it happened to me and my wife today. My fault for booking 2A/2B...
Old Jul 23, 19, 3:21 am

Programs: AirNZ Airpoints Elite
Originally Posted by PontiacBandit1848 View Post
Can confirm this as it happened to me and my wife today. My fault for booking 2A/2B...
If it was our glorious leader Im surprised she doesnt sit down the back for some feelz with the comrades..
Fliar, SDB22 and mellon like this.
Old Aug 4, 19, 10:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by freemark View Post

If it was our glorious leader Im surprised she doesnt sit down the back for some feelz with the comrades..
she does not want to sit with the unwashed masses
Fliar likes this.
Old Aug 18, 19, 4:25 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
Seating plan seems to be open again ....
Old Aug 23, 19, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AirNZ Airpoints
UPDATE:
Regarding to important figures onboard, Sir Shadbolt and CEO Luxon is confirmed to be on board the inaugural NZ699.
AirNZ just notified us about the special 'Southland Hour' service as well, with a special welcome as commemoration.
Old Aug 24, 19, 12:42 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
Originally Posted by Noobmaster69 View Post
UPDATE:
Regarding to important figures onboard, Sir Shadbolt and CEO Luxon is confirmed to be on board the inaugural NZ699.
AirNZ just notified us about the special 'Southland Hour' service as well, with a special welcome as commemoration.
I haven't heard anything, Is the 'Southland Hour' for the return leg? Maybe to make up for the fact we probably wont be able to get into the Koru Lounge ahead of departure from Auckland? LOL
Old Aug 25, 19, 6:03 am
Original Poster

FINAL UPDATE
Yea it was an enjoyable flight. CEO sat in row 4, Shadbolt, Dowie, mayors of Clutha, Southland etc in row 2-3, Shane Jones opposite Luxon. Other MPs, leaders and business people too. Media behind them. Not familiar with majority of them sorry.
Luxon gave a briefing via the PA and Shadbolt mumbled for quite a while too.
The 'Southland Hour' service included Koru hour alcohol and snacks selection, as well as cheese, and pinot noir truffles from Invercargill's chocolate company. Took them a while but it was a long flight.
There were also water cannon, haka and gift bags upon arrival, so yea it was welcoming and awesome.
narvik and Erasmus III like this.
Old Aug 25, 19, 12:32 pm

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Nice for Invercargill folks.

Of course, no such hoopla at all when they pull out of a destination such as Kapiti Coast. I suppose no marketing value for the brand image in that......
Fliar likes this.
Old Aug 25, 19, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Just some photos for you guys too

narvik, ps107 and ottiehund like this.

Search this Thread