Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Another enhancement - Goodbye water bottles

Another enhancement - Goodbye water bottles

Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by mad_atta
Oooh now that's a result! I've tried asking for it but never successfully... though come to think of that, I may have been on a TT flight.

Having said that, I could have sworn that we got pre-departure drinks in PE trans-Tasman recently, but now I'm doubting myself... though it's always been inconsistent, I think some crews just decide to do it anyway even if it's not strictly part of the protocol. Given that it's Dulcet, I've learned not to touch it.

The one exception was when they were running the Hi-Fly aircraft on AKL-SYD, and in addition to getting (old school) business class seats if you were booked in PE, you also got business class booze instead of the economy swill. Happy days!
Yeah I said I was not impressed with the Dulcet and when the FSM came around i simply asked, and they kept topping up. Doesn't always work but worth a try.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Chessboxin
I do however, suspect that they got a very sharp deal on the Dulcet because there are some much better NZ Methodes for the same price. I wonder if the "resealable" Zork closure has something to do with it?
Dulcet is a custom product made exclusively for Air NZ, hence the closure is a requirement of that.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Dulcet is a custom product made exclusively for Air NZ, hence the closure is a requirement of that.
Interesting, considering I can buy it at my local Glengarry?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:10 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
dulcet

adjective
  1. (especially of sound) sweet and soothing (often used ironically).
"Yes i'd love another glass of the Dulcet"
Old Jul 12, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: AirNZ G*, AirAsia Black
Look, I enjoy flying PE/BP when I can and sure you expect to be able to 'get what you want' within reason. Without 'rocking the boat' within this community... all of this moaning about not getting a newspaper, or a bottle of water is trivial and entitled. We should be more concerned about the substantial waste that travel (emissions, consumables) create and do our best to minimise waste. Easy solution to these 'inconveniences', bring your reusable water bottle, bring a keep-cup and have it in your bag - very easy solutions to help reduce our already large (and generally increasing (in the OECD)) carbon footprints. Small individual steps make a big difference and AirNZ are (finally) leading the way here on our/their excessive consumption - however, I'm not going to applaud them for it as I expect it from a large, profitable business.
kiwifrequentflyer likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:25 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by mcgma760
Look, I enjoy flying PE/BP when I can and sure you expect to be able to 'get what you want' within reason. Without 'rocking the boat' within this community... all of this moaning about not getting a newspaper, or a bottle of water is trivial and entitled. We should be more concerned about the substantial waste that travel (emissions, consumables) create and do our best to minimise waste. Easy solution to these 'inconveniences', bring your reusable water bottle, bring a keep-cup and have it in your bag - very easy solutions to help reduce our already large (and generally increasing (in the OECD)) carbon footprints. Small individual steps make a big difference and AirNZ are (finally) leading the way here on our/their excessive consumption - however, I'm not going to applaud them for it as I expect it from a large, profitable business.
Do they allow people to use a keep-cup for hot drinks? I can't understand why they wouldn't, but have never seen it before.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:33 pm

Programs: NZ *E
I guess they could provide a reusable water bottle at the seat that they wash afterwards?

For me part of the allure of traveling in a premium cabin is having less to 'pre-prepare' for a flight -- eg. not having to rush around the airport for snacks, water bottles, absolutely needing my own headphones, etc but rather having the airport as a relatively stress free experience knowing it'll all work out once I'm in the plane.
poopbunny, drajknox and Bub001 like this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:35 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Originally Posted by mcgma760
This is how I feel. I like convenience as much as the next person, but our money doesn't entitle us to pollute the environment just because we can.
mcgma760 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by brenrox
Do they allow people to use a keep-cup for hot drinks? I can't understand why they wouldn't, but have never seen it before.
Its an great idea, but it’s probably going to be the last thing I’m going to grab leaving on an last minute trip.

Maybe they could offer PE/J water bottles that are essay to refill, I’m happy to refill the bottle.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
This is how I feel. I like convenience as much as the next person, but our money doesn't entitle us to pollute the environment just because we can.
But by spending the money you are causing more pollution. Just stop flying. Always wonder why when they have big global warming conferences they pick most expensive and hard to get places, then to fly in J, any reason they cannot use net or would they miss out out on FF points?
This is all a con, and money pinching rather than environmental. They never can explain why without humans we have had ice ages and thaws.
Reckon in 100 yrs or so we will look back at biggest con trick in history since religion and PC got forced on us.
Eltham likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 2:15 am

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
“ They never can explain why without humans we have had ice ages and thaws. Reckon in 100 yrs or so we will look back at biggest con trick in history since religion and PC got forced on us.”

while completely agree this sort of thing from an airline who planning on expanding their network is tokenism at best and cost saving with a nice coat of greenwash at worst. Your statement above is simply wrong - if your “they” is climate scientists or paleobiologists - they absolutely can and have - cyclical climate change over geological time is well explained.

I will avoid the anthropogenic arguments currently entirely given this is FlyerTalk - but that statement is simply wrong.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Originally Posted by Rebound
dulcet

adjective
  1. (especially of sound) sweet and soothing (often used ironically).
"Yes i'd love another glass of the Dulcet"
Too good!
Old Jul 13, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
Originally Posted by wayoutwest

But by spending the money you are causing more pollution. Just stop flying. Always wonder why when they have big global warming conferences they pick most expensive and hard to get places, then to fly in J, any reason they cannot use net or would they miss out out on FF points?
This is all a con, and money pinching rather than environmental. They never can explain why without humans we have had ice ages and thaws.
Reckon in 100 yrs or so we will look back at biggest con trick in history since religion and PC got forced on us.
Remember Y2K?
Old Jul 13, 2019, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Eltham

Remember Y2K?
The thing where everyone worked really hard to minimise any public facing issues? Y2K was a really big issue and if the work wasn't done there would have been a bucket load of issues.

Or may be stopping CFCs and seeing the ozone hole get smaller as a result?
nancypants and Erasmus III like this.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
Originally Posted by nzkarit
The thing where everyone worked really hard to minimise any public facing issues? Y2K was a really big issue and if the work wasn't done there would have been a bucket load of issues.

Or may be stopping CFCs and seeing the ozone hole get smaller as a result?
The similarity is that a lot of so-called “experts” are making bucketloads of money out of it and are completely unaccountable. None of us will be around to know.
nancypants likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.