Changes in rewards for Air NZ revenue flights?

Old Jun 22, 19, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Angry Changes in rewards for Air NZ revenue flights?

I just discovered Air NZ have drastically reduced their Air points dollars and status points rewards. Business flight to Chicago from Auckland, 60 status points when in the past it was over 300. What a way to reward loyalty!! I never received any communication so they have slipped this in under the radar!
Old Jun 22, 19, 6:37 am

What date and booking class. Just did a random flight on a non stop and got 369 status points and 384apd.
Old Jun 22, 19, 6:40 am

Programs: NZ*E, QF-WP
Are you sure?
Booked a flight for October a couple of days ago - 324 each way.
Old Jun 22, 19, 6:55 am

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Not seeing those numbers myself. Looks normal.
Old Jun 22, 19, 4:33 pm
Senior Moderator/Moderator: United MileagePlus

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
While I originally closed this thread, believing that it was a simple mistake on the OP's part, one member advised that there might be different flight credits awarded if the NZ flight were booked as a code-share.

To allow this or other allied situations to be discussed which could account for a difference in flight credits awarded, depending on method of booking, I'm reopening the thread. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.
Old Jun 22, 19, 4:51 pm

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
More information please

Originally Posted by Janak View Post
I just discovered Air NZ have drastically reduced their Air points dollars and status points rewards. Business flight to Chicago from Auckland, 60 status points when in the past it was over 300. What a way to reward loyalty!! I never received any communication so they have slipped this in under the radar!
@Janak, welcome to Flyertalk and your first post

Can you provide anymore details?

Airpoints earned can be significantly less in the case of partner airlines and, in some cases, code-share flights. For example, what were the flight numbers? What does your airports statement say about the fare type? What does the e-ticket say in terns of fare class What are the first three digits of the 13 digit ticket read? (086 is Air NZ).

Search this Thread