Koru Guest Card

Old Jun 9, 19, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Koru Guest Card

I noticed you can purchase a three month Koru guest card
Would that be effectively pretty well immediately ie appearing on your app instantly (to show the koru club entry person ) or would you have to wait till they mail you a card ?
Old Jun 10, 19, 1:49 am

Programs: Skywards Silver, Airpoints Silver, HHonors Gold
I got one of these earlier in the year and had the same question at the time...

​​​​It turns out that a guest card purchase does not show in the app, nor is there a visible electronic record when logged into an air NZ account in a browser (no idea why they wouldn't introduce this feature, perhaps it's not popular enough or maybe just not a priority of any sort?)

​Anyway, after speaking to the call centre, I was told that only limited lounges have the capability to check for the existence of a guest card electronically. I don't know how true this statement is in reality, considering the card isn't even reflected in the online account.

The nice woman on the phone offered to instead send me a letter via email that I could show to prove I was a card holder at the lounge entrance. A letter which I never received (and I didn't bother to follow up on)

Fortunately I received the guest card in the mail a day before travel, so got my extra guest in no problem. It took approximately 7 days for this to arrive in my letterbox.

However, what they don't tell you is that your extra guest card is no good at a regional lounge if you're departing on a domestic jet. Found that bit a little confusing, especially so since my first guest was allowed in no problem (for those interested, that happened in Wellington, but before the lounge upgrade began)
Beano likes this.
Old Jun 10, 19, 11:31 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Gold Elite; Qantas Platinum; China Southern Gold; Marriott PPE; Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Beano View Post
I noticed you can purchase a three month Koru guest card
Would that be effectively pretty well immediately ie appearing on your app instantly (to show the koru club entry person ) or would you have to wait till they mail you a card ?
Is that a new feature? Lounges are already overcrowded!

How does it work and how much is it?
Old Jun 10, 19, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by oranjemakker View Post
Is that a new feature? Lounges are already overcrowded!

How does it work and how much is it?
No they have been available for years. Basically turns a Koru card into a +2 opposed to a +1.
Old Jun 11, 19, 2:44 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Gold Elite; Qantas Platinum; China Southern Gold; Marriott PPE; Accor Gold
Originally Posted by nzkarit View Post
No they have been available for years. Basically turns a Koru card into a +2 opposed to a +1.
How much do they charge for that?

its another example of how if they really wanted to cut lounge overcrowding they could. Easy enough to grandfather it, so people who have it already can renew, but don't sell it anymore.

otherwise its all just hot air that they are serious about reducing lounge overcrowding?
Old Jun 11, 19, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by oranjemakker View Post
How much do they charge for that?

its another example of how if they really wanted to cut lounge overcrowding they could. Easy enough to grandfather it, so people who have it already can renew, but don't sell it anymore.

otherwise its all just hot air that they are serious about reducing lounge overcrowding?
https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/koru-benefits#guest-card

Search this Thread