NZ elite partner access to YVR lounge?

Old Jun 5, 19, 4:53 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: WLG, BOS, YUL, YOW
Programs: NZ*GE, UA*G, Global Entry, NEXUS
Posts: 262
NZ elite partner access to YVR lounge?

Hi, does anyone know whether an Elite Partner traveling solo AKL-YVR-YUL would have access to an NZ partner lounge in YVR? The website seems to indicate that the answer is no, but I feel like I've had friends get in with no problem there. Anybody know what the story is there?

thanks!
smanch is offline  
Old Jun 5, 19, 6:09 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Zealand (most of the time)
Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Posts: 4,474
Originally Posted by smanch View Post
Hi, does anyone know whether an Elite Partner traveling solo AKL-YVR-YUL would have access to an NZ partner lounge in YVR? The website seems to indicate that the answer is no, but I feel like I've had friends get in with no problem there. Anybody know what the story is there?

thanks!
Where on the website did you get the impression it's a no? I can't see anything to suggest that and wouldn't see why they wouldn't have access.

The only airport with no access now for Koru and Elite partner is SFO. ORD didn't at route launch, but this was changed after a couple of months.
sbiddle is offline  
Old Jun 5, 19, 6:23 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AP Diamond
Posts: 5,413
Originally Posted by smanch View Post
Hi, does anyone know whether an Elite Partner traveling solo AKL-YVR-YUL would have access to an NZ partner lounge in YVR? The website seems to indicate that the answer is no, but I feel like I've had friends get in with no problem there. Anybody know what the story is there?

thanks!
Edited as I did not read the OP properly. I was in the YVR Intl lounge and thinking you were asking if an EP had access there.

No EP access to YVR domestic lounge.
Yes to Intl lounge when departing on an NZ flight..
smanch likes this.

Last edited by taupo; Jun 7, 19 at 10:22 am
taupo is offline  
Old Jun 5, 19, 7:02 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: WLG, BOS, YUL, YOW
Programs: NZ*GE, UA*G, Global Entry, NEXUS
Posts: 262
From https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/part...unge-directory: "Lounge access is only available prior to the departure of your Air New Zealand operated and ticketed flight on the same day from the same terminal."

This would suggest to me that when traveling on the itinerary I mentioned, AKL-YVR-YUL, someone with Elite Partner couldn't get in, since NZ doesn't operate any flights between YVR-YUL. Is that right?
smanch is offline  
Old Jun 5, 19, 8:11 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 282
Originally Posted by sbiddle View Post
Where on the website did you get the impression it's a no? I can't see anything to suggest that and wouldn't see why they wouldn't have access.

The only airport with no access now for Koru and Elite partner is SFO. ORD didn't at route launch, but this was changed after a couple of months.
Just flying from ORD tonight - saw a sign at checkin couhter saying no lounge for Koru and that would get voucher - not that they would be missing much - the lounges here are not great - I guess Polaris in T1 would be good but too hard to get to after checkin.
drajknox is offline  
Old Jun 5, 19, 10:00 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 897
Originally Posted by drajknox View Post


Just flying from ORD tonight - saw a sign at checkin couhter saying no lounge for Koru and that would get voucher - not that they would be missing much - the lounges here are not great - I guess Polaris in T1 would be good but too hard to get to after checkin.
Do you remember how much was the voucher offered?
zqsn5678 is offline  
Old Jun 6, 19, 1:04 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 580
I've found generally vouchers from Air NZ are about 25 USD.
codyc1515 is offline  
Old Jun 6, 19, 2:34 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Zealand (most of the time)
Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Posts: 4,474
Originally Posted by smanch View Post
From https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/part...unge-directory: "Lounge access is only available prior to the departure of your Air New Zealand operated and ticketed flight on the same day from the same terminal."

This would suggest to me that when traveling on the itinerary I mentioned, AKL-YVR-YUL, someone with Elite Partner couldn't get in, since NZ doesn't operate any flights between YVR-YUL. Is that right?
Oops for some reason I misread your post as YUL-YVR-AKL

You won't get lounge access as Elite Partner or Koru in YVR. Only *G would get access to a lounge when traveling onward from YVR to YUL.
sbiddle is offline  
Old Jun 6, 19, 2:35 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Zealand (most of the time)
Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Posts: 4,474
Originally Posted by drajknox View Post


Just flying from ORD tonight - saw a sign at checkin couhter saying no lounge for Koru and that would get voucher - not that they would be missing much - the lounges here are not great - I guess Polaris in T1 would be good but too hard to get to after checkin.
Interesting they haven't updated the website to reflect this. It was just before I went to ORD in Feb that they removed it - it had a little * next to ORD like SFO does.

Last edited by sbiddle; Jun 6, 19 at 3:48 pm
sbiddle is offline  
Old Jun 6, 19, 12:36 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Auckland NZ
Programs: NZ Gold, AS, AC, QF
Posts: 596
And le Salon Feuille d'Erable in YVR domestic is very nice!
jawnbc is offline  
Old Jun 6, 19, 2:58 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 282
Originally Posted by zqsn5678 View Post
Do you remember how much was the voucher offered?
Sorry as it didnít apply to me I didnít pay great attention as I just wanted to clear TSA and get to the lounge since I was already 1h later than intended:
drajknox is offline  
Old Jun 6, 19, 3:51 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Zealand (most of the time)
Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Posts: 4,474
Originally Posted by drajknox View Post


Sorry as it didnít apply to me I didnít pay great attention as I just wanted to clear TSA and get to the lounge since I was already 1h later than intended:
How was check-in? When I was there in Feb the United staff still seemed pretty slow and unfamiliar with NZ processes. Had the whole 3 people in front in the Premium check-in who had dramas including two who had to explain NZ baggage limits to the UA staff.
sbiddle is offline  
Old Jun 6, 19, 8:51 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 282
Originally Posted by sbiddle View Post
How was check-in? When I was there in Feb the United staff still seemed pretty slow and unfamiliar with NZ processes. Had the whole 3 people in front in the Premium check-in who had dramas including two who had to explain NZ baggage limits to the UA staff.
Struck a really good UA staff member who couldnít be more helpful or polite - TSA was pretty fast, the priority lane through immigration was good. Would have been 10min from starting to queue to completing TSA.
drajknox is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread