Wiki Posts
Search

NZ elite partner access to YVR lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2019, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*GE, UA*G
NZ elite partner access to YVR lounge?

Hi, does anyone know whether an Elite Partner traveling solo AKL-YVR-YUL would have access to an NZ partner lounge in YVR? The website seems to indicate that the answer is no, but I feel like I've had friends get in with no problem there. Anybody know what the story is there?

thanks!
Old Jun 5, 2019, 6:09 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by smanch
Hi, does anyone know whether an Elite Partner traveling solo AKL-YVR-YUL would have access to an NZ partner lounge in YVR? The website seems to indicate that the answer is no, but I feel like I've had friends get in with no problem there. Anybody know what the story is there?

thanks!
Where on the website did you get the impression it's a no? I can't see anything to suggest that and wouldn't see why they wouldn't have access.

The only airport with no access now for Koru and Elite partner is SFO. ORD didn't at route launch, but this was changed after a couple of months.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry

thanks!
Edited as I did not read the OP properly. I was in the YVR Intl lounge and thinking you were asking if an EP had access there.

No EP access to YVR domestic lounge.
Yes to Intl lounge when departing on an NZ flight..
smanch likes this.

Last edited by taupo; Jun 7, 2019 at 10:22 am
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*GE, UA*G
From https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/part...unge-directory: "Lounge access is only available prior to the departure of your Air New Zealand operated and ticketed flight on the same day from the same terminal."

This would suggest to me that when traveling on the itinerary I mentioned, AKL-YVR-YUL, someone with Elite Partner couldn't get in, since NZ doesn't operate any flights between YVR-YUL. Is that right?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Where on the website did you get the impression it's a no? I can't see anything to suggest that and wouldn't see why they wouldn't have access.

The only airport with no access now for Koru and Elite partner is SFO. ORD didn't at route launch, but this was changed after a couple of months.
Just flying from ORD tonight - saw a sign at checkin couhter saying no lounge for Koru and that would get voucher - not that they would be missing much - the lounges here are not great - I guess Polaris in T1 would be good but too hard to get to after checkin.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by drajknox

Just flying from ORD tonight - saw a sign at checkin couhter saying no lounge for Koru and that would get voucher - not that they would be missing much - the lounges here are not great - I guess Polaris in T1 would be good but too hard to get to after checkin.
Do you remember how much was the voucher offered?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 1:04 am

I've found generally vouchers from Air NZ are about 25 USD.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 2:34 am

From https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/part...unge-directory: "Lounge access is only available prior to the departure of your Air New Zealand operated and ticketed flight on the same day from the same terminal."

This would suggest to me that when traveling on the itinerary I mentioned, AKL-YVR-YUL, someone with Elite Partner couldn't get in, since NZ doesn't operate any flights between YVR-YUL. Is that right?
Oops for some reason I misread your post as YUL-YVR-AKL

You won't get lounge access as Elite Partner or Koru in YVR. Only *G would get access to a lounge when traveling onward from YVR to YUL.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 2:35 am

Interesting they haven't updated the website to reflect this. It was just before I went to ORD in Feb that they removed it - it had a little * next to ORD like SFO does.

Last edited by sbiddle; Jun 6, 2019 at 3:48 pm
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
And le Salon Feuille d'Erable in YVR domestic is very nice!
Old Jun 6, 2019, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by zqsn5678
Do you remember how much was the voucher offered?
Sorry as it didn’t apply to me I didn’t pay great attention as I just wanted to clear TSA and get to the lounge since I was already 1h later than intended:
Old Jun 6, 2019, 3:51 pm

Sorry as it didn’t apply to me I didn’t pay great attention as I just wanted to clear TSA and get to the lounge since I was already 1h later than intended:
How was check-in? When I was there in Feb the United staff still seemed pretty slow and unfamiliar with NZ processes. Had the whole 3 people in front in the Premium check-in who had dramas including two who had to explain NZ baggage limits to the UA staff.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
How was check-in? When I was there in Feb the United staff still seemed pretty slow and unfamiliar with NZ processes. Had the whole 3 people in front in the Premium check-in who had dramas including two who had to explain NZ baggage limits to the UA staff.
Struck a really good UA staff member who couldn’t be more helpful or polite - TSA was pretty fast, the priority lane through immigration was good. Would have been 10min from starting to queue to completing TSA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.