Eva Air lease Business Class

Old Jun 5, 19, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ GE
Eva Air lease Business Class

Hi all,
has anyone travelled on the Eva Air leased planes in J? I have a return on NZ6 coming up but not sure what the product is actually like, is it Evaís normal J? Is the experience better or worse?
thanks!
Old Jun 5, 19, 5:26 am

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF G
Flew this 10 days ago.
The seat is far more spacious and private compared to AirNZ. It does not have the memory foam mattress unfortunately so not as comfortable sleeping surface.
Food and service is normal AirNZ level for this route.
jawnbc and libertyuk like this.
Old Jun 5, 19, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by WLGNZ View Post
Flew this 10 days ago.
The seat is far more spacious and private compared to AirNZ. It does not have the memory foam mattress unfortunately so not as comfortable sleeping surface.
Food and service is normal AirNZ level for this route.
Good summary, I flew it 2018. When not sleeping it is in my opinion preferable to the current NZ business hard product. Unfortunately EVAs WiFi isnít available - I believe a different provider.
Old Jun 5, 19, 2:21 pm

Programs: Air NZ Airpoints Elite
I flew last October but a few seats in J were inop and they had to move a couple of pax to PE !!
I found there was plenty of storage space but the entertainment screen was not to my liking
Old Jun 5, 19, 4:31 pm

Programs: NZ Gold, AS, AC, QF
Great for a daylight flight, not as great for sleeping. IFE kind of tragic.
Old Jun 6, 19, 4:59 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Anyone have any feedback for the seats beyond seat guru?:

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ev..._777-300ER.php

General preference is for 7a/k on the normal 777-300 for quiet. Any experiences on how the noise is in the back cabin?

Thanks
Old Jun 7, 19, 2:19 pm

Programs: NZ*GE
I found the business class seat very uncomfortable and it gave me a very painful back. I flew NZ 5/6
Any idea how long this EVA plane will be around for on the AKL- LAX route?
Old Jun 7, 19, 3:31 pm

Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
A while back I heard the lease had been extended until the end of the year and that it would mainly be on the NZ5/NZ6 route until then.
Old Jun 13, 19, 12:57 am

Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
It's confirmed to operate until late Oct. Mostly NZ6/5 but also the odd SFO flight as well as NAN and BNE.
Old Jun 16, 19, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbiddle View Post
It's confirmed to operate until late Oct. Mostly NZ6/5 but also the odd SFO flight as well as NAN and BNE.
Iíve got it on both NZ 6 & 5, and again to NAN 😂
Old Jun 16, 19, 6:35 pm

Programs: NZ GE, Marriot Platinum
I flew it this morning on NZ5 from LAX and prefer it to the NZ J.
Old Jun 19, 19, 7:27 am

Programs: Airpoints Elite
Flew this two days ago. Good privacy and storage. Felt like more space than Air NZ J, including bed length and width.

However IFE screen was pretty hopeless - the touch screen seemed slow and poorly responsive. Ended up watching movies on my iPad instead.

In bed mode the cushioning (standard built in seat cushions) was ok but not as comfortable as Air NZís dream foam mattress. You can definitely feel all the seams and joins between the seat pieces.

All in all I prefer the usual NZ setup over the leased EVA business seat but not by that much. Would happily fly this again.

Carried on through to Heathrow and enjoyed the extra stopover time in LAX compared to NZ1/2 though - Polaris Lounge was awesome! 20 min walk (all airside) from TBIT

jawnbc likes this.
Old Jun 23, 19, 12:42 am

I flew on this plane yesterday. Nice for a change.
Pretty much in agreement with the other comments. For sitting and watching a movie or looking out of the window, itís better than the NZ seat, but the touch screen interface is very sluggish.
For sleeping, itís not as good as the NZ bed. Because the bed doesnít flip over, there are prominent ridges which make the bed uncomfortable. Itís also very low down, which would make it quite difficult to get in and out of for anyone less physically able. Iím also not sure I like having my head next to the aisle; I could feel a breeze on my face every time someone walked past. I loved the stars on the ceiling though.

By far the best thing about the plane though (surprised nobodyís mentioned this) were the restrooms. They were all huge. They must have been twice the size of the NZ restrooms. Even the sinks were about twice as big. Two of them had folding dressing tables and the third was accessible. The importance of being able to get dressed comfortably without having to be a yoga master canít be underestimated.
drajknox and ps107 like this.

Last edited by Erasmus III; Jun 23, 19 at 12:43 am Reason: got distracted while I was typing
Old Aug 25, 19, 2:35 am
Original Poster

I’ve just gotten back from my return on the Eva lease. Similar to everyone else above my thoughts are:

Good
The seats are great for sitting, comfy and private. Angle towards the windows is nice for a change. Food is as normal.

Bad
The IFE is [email protected], movie selection isn’t as good (much less options plus the touch screen didn’t really work). If you’ve got your own headphones the jack is 2 pronged and doesn’t take a normal 3.5mm properly it’s also by your shoulder and kept coming out. There is no memory foam so it’s quite bumpy to sleep on. I didn’t really like the cubby hole feet placement, if you roll over sleeping you bang around a bit. I didn’t realize how good the openness of the ANZ seats is vertically and also by your headline with the ANZ seat being a kind of teardrop shape.

Overall these are all first world problems, I’d happily fly on the Eva again more just pros/ cons as something to be aware of.

Search this Thread