Wiki Posts
Search

Transferring Koru membership?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2019, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand Gold Elite
Transferring Koru membership?

To my great shame, last year I dropped from Gold status to Silver status however I'm about to become Gold status again. During that dark period where I'd dropped below Gold, I bought a Koru membership. I'm wondering if anyone has been in the same position and has had any luck having it transferred to another person? That membership has renewed within the last two months, so has about 10 months left to run.
Old May 25, 2019, 12:15 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Koru membership as per T&C is not transferable.

Of course that doesn't stop Air NZ letting you do this if you politely write to them and don't go demanding anything..
PontiacBandit1848 likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 5:42 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
I am not sure about a transfer but I had a membership refunded a few years ago, after hitting gold just a few weeks after renewing it (I didn’t follow my status etc in those days!). I am not sure I would expect them to be so accommodating now, but it doesn’t hurt to ask the question nicely, and there have been precedents that should give you some hope.
Old May 25, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
10 years ago I had the KC membership suspended not refunded. You need to contact NZ about this as the KC membership and the Airpoints system are different so there was no automatic suspension.
Old May 25, 2019, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
10 years ago I had the KC membership suspended not refunded. You need to contact NZ about this as the KC membership and the Airpoints system are different so there was no automatic suspension.
For reference QF will automatically suspend (put on hold) Q club membership when you reach QF gold status.
As above, ask Air NZ if they can do the same.
Old May 31, 2019, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. I'll give it a crack...
Old Jun 7, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
Originally Posted by PontiacBandit1848
Thanks for your replies. I'll give it a crack...
Good Luck and let us know how you get on. I have 2 long hauls booked and coming up which should see me in the same boat again shortly.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Update: No luck, either by me trying on the phone or by writing to them...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.