Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

NZ ticket but SQ aircraft - can you Book the Cook?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2019, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G

Has anyone experience with book the cook when flying on an NZ ticket? —- How did you do it?

I will be returning home from an upcoming trip travelling NZ3297 SIN to CHC in J (code share SQ297) and would be keen to book my meal, but online the Singapore Airlines website won’t recognise my booking ref, which of course is an NZ ref.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 24, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Can AirNZ not provide you with your SQ booking reference if you ask?
Old May 24, 2019, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
Originally Posted by mad_atta
Actually, I hadn’t thought to even ask. I figured there probably wouldn’t be one (that the system would recognise at a passenger level anyway) but there must be a link somewhere, so you are right, it might be worth asking the question.
Old May 24, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by ottiehund

Actually, I hadn’t thought to even ask. I figured there probably wouldn’t be one (that the system would recognise at a passenger level anyway) but there must be a link somewhere, so you are right, it might be worth asking the question.
SQ can tell you even if NZ can't.
Old May 24, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), IHG Spire Elite, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by mad_atta
By the way the NZ e-ticket pdf has the SQ booking reference if you booked it on the NZ website
NZbutterfly likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BZNZ
By the way the NZ e-ticket pdf has the SQ booking reference if you booked it on the NZ website
Yes, it was booked online with NZ. I just use my app so haven’t printed the PDF ticket. I will now go and check. Thanks.
Old May 24, 2019, 1:39 pm

Yes, you can use Book the Cook, but not via the website if you’re on an NZ ticket. You’ll need to call SQ direct and give them the SQ booking ref. I ordered the Lobster �� on a flight from LHR to SIN. It was fantastic. You’ll need to do the same if you want to choose a specific seat. On an NZ ticket, I think you only get a choice of a window or aisle seat.
poopbunny likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Erasmus III
Yes, you can use Book the Cook, but not via the website if you’re on an NZ ticket. You’ll need to call SQ direct and give them the SQ booking ref. I ordered the Lobster �� on a flight from LHR to SIN. It was fantastic. You’ll need to do the same if you want to choose a specific seat. On an NZ ticket, I think you only get a choice of a window or aisle seat.
Full seat select is available, but looks like a call will be required for Book the Cook and yes SQ ref is on the ticket. Was trying to avoid call centres, but I guess ‘it is what it is’. Thanks.
Old May 24, 2019, 9:32 pm

Programs: NZ Elite

Full seat select is available, but looks like a call will be required for Book the Cook and yes SQ ref is on the ticket. Was trying to avoid call centres, but I guess ‘it is what it is’. Thanks.
Not required. You can go to singaporeair.com and log into you booking using your SQ booking reference where you can select seats, book the cook etc. Did that last Xmas for a flight from AKL-SIN-SGN.

Last edited by gambda; May 24, 2019 at 9:48 pm Reason: incorrect info
Old May 24, 2019, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gambda

Not required. You can go to singaporeair.com and log into you booking using your SQ booking reference where you can select seats, book the cook etc. Did that last Xmas for a flight from AKL-SIN-SGN.
Tried that but it wont work - after putting in the ref and my name the website then asks "as your flight was not booked with Singapore Air please confirm the surname(s) of any other passengers travelling..." (or words to that effect). I am travelling on my own this flight and it won't allow me to proceed......

I also tried adding the booking to my KF profile but it wont recognise it, The websits seems to get stuck "Just a moment... we'll take you there soon."

Last edited by ottiehund; May 24, 2019 at 10:08 pm
Old May 25, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Tried that but it wont work - after putting in the ref and my name the website then asks "as your flight was not booked with Singapore Air please confirm the surname(s) of any other passengers travelling..." (or words to that effect). I am travelling on my own this flight and it won't allow me to proceed......

I also tried adding the booking to my KF profile but it wont recognise it, The websits seems to get stuck "Just a moment... we'll take you there soon."
I think the website is just a bit buggy at times. I would look at the menu and call up. Prefer BTC to the regular menu.
ottiehund likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 5:24 pm

I had the same issue last year, right down to the messages being displayed. Ended up having to email their NZ contact centre and they were able to sort seat select for me etc right through to HAN.
Old May 27, 2019, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chessboxin
I had the same issue last year, right down to the messages being displayed. Ended up having to email their NZ contact centre and they were able to sort seat select for me etc right through to HAN.
Was it worth it? What did you order.... good or bad?

Actually same questions for anyone who wishes to reply.

Last edited by ottiehund; May 27, 2019 at 12:35 am Reason: sp
Old May 27, 2019, 1:07 am

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
Was it worth it? What did you order.... good or bad?

Actually same questions for anyone who wishes to reply.
Why not ask in the correct forum?
Old May 27, 2019, 1:18 am

Programs: Air Points; NZ*E; Accor Platinum; QF Gold
I tried to use book the cook with an Airnz Ticketed J flight last year, called to use book the cook. SQ contact centre staff said yes they had arranged it. On the flight there was no record of my request. Could also not select online even with the SQ PNR. Gave SQ feedback they never came back to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.