FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air New Zealand | Air Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points-440/)
-   -   B789 PE seating bulkhead vs not 23K vs 24K (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points/1968886-b789-pe-seating-bulkhead-vs-not-23k-vs-24k.html)

Hector99 May 9, 2019 1:51 am

B789 PE seating bulkhead vs not 23K vs 24K

Am in 24K NZ99 and Expertflyer has 23K empty a little more than 24 hours prior to departure.

Not flown PE since spaceseat went - wondering what the bulkheads are like. Its a day flight, Im 1.93m, don't want to sleep and travelling solo. What is the TV and table like - cumbersome? Reviews. I see from another forum that sbiddle likes 24K (hence my original choice 11.5 months ago).

TIA

sbiddle May 9, 2019 1:24 pm

I would never pick a 789 bulkhead row unless there were no other seats. The actual personal space isn't really that much better. Yes it is easier to get out if you're in the window seat, but that's possible in other seats without requiring the person in the aisle to get up (just can be a little bit more difficult if the seats in front are both fully reclined).

Code1 has the IFE screen in the bulkhead and it's too far away to reach when you're reclined. Code 2 has the IFE screen in the seat which I hate as the angles are just totally wrong for watching content for any sustained period of time.

Being tall however may invalidate my reasons for not liking it!

taupo Apr 17, 2022 7:55 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle (Post 31084330)
I would never pick a 789 bulkhead row unless there were no other seats. The actual personal space isn't really that much better. Yes it is easier to get out if you're in the window seat, but that's possible in other seats without requiring the person in the aisle to get up (just can be a little bit more difficult if the seats in front are both fully reclined).

Code1 has the IFE screen in the bulkhead and it's too far away to reach when you're reclined. Code 2 has the IFE screen in the seat which I hate as the angles are just totally wrong for watching content for any sustained period of time.
Being tall however may invalidate my reasons for not liking it!

Mr.B, I Googled reviews of this seat and found one of yours!
I have booked 24A on the 789 V2 as the seat map depicts greater leg room, flight is in about six weeks.
I like the ease of access (travelling solo) but curious of leg room.
At 6'4", will I be able to fully stretch my legs?

In perfect world, my RU will clear and it won't matter, but...

sbiddle Apr 17, 2022 12:53 pm

24AB on a code2 789 has exactly the same amount of legroom as any other PE seat.

The image on the Air NZ seat map is deceiving as there is a big storage locker in that space between the door and seats.

The biggest advantage is simply that nobody reclines into your space so getting out of the seat is easy.

samyoull Apr 17, 2022 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by taupo (Post 34171751)
Mr.B, I Googled reviews of this seat and found one of yours!
I have booked 24A on the 789 V2 as the seat map depicts greater leg room, flight is in about six weeks.
I like the ease of access (travelling solo) but curious of leg room.
At 6'4", will I be able to fully stretch my legs?

In perfect world, my RU will clear and it won't matter, but...

You won't be able to stretch your legs at 6'4" – I'm 6'0 on the dot and avoid the bulkhead

taupo Apr 18, 2022 10:28 am

Originally Posted by samyoull (Post 34173118)
You won't be able to stretch your legs at 6'4" – I'm 6'0 on the dot and avoid the bulkhead

Thank you, will change seats now