Wiki Posts
Search

Koru Club Day Passes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2007, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Koru Club Day Passes

Is is possible to buy one-time passes to the Koru Club? I've found a lot of references to the 10 passes you get when you join the Koru Club, but I haven't seen anything about buying visits a la carte. Does the option not exist?

Thanks!
Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:00 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Nope. If you don't want to join koru club, fly international business class or have *G status then your only access option is to be a guest of someone who can guest you in.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Thanks, I thought as much. Looks like they have the option to sell them, they're mentioned in the Koru Club T&C.

Last edited by cestmoi123; Jan 31, 2007 at 6:25 am
Old Jan 31, 2007, 9:16 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

IMO that's just CYA wording so that if NZ wishes in future to offer day pass or extra guests they can do so at any time without notice to existing Koru Club members.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 1:35 am

Programs: *G (NZ SQ), MPC Gold, Amex Plat
Having my summer holiday tidy-up today and came across 10 koru guest passes. If anyone would like them please let me know as I won't use them and they should goto a good home
Old Jan 1, 2008, 2:38 am

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Hopefully NZ never introduce the day pass!
Old Jan 1, 2008, 2:40 am

Does the holder of a Koru guest pass have to be with the Koru club member to use it?

If not I have a bunch to give away too..... had a paid membership but have hit *G now....

EDIT..... BUGGER! Had a look at one of the passes and it says "allows access while in the company of a member"

Still... any Koru club members who can use them are welcome to 'em....
Old Jan 1, 2008, 9:48 pm

Programs: *G (NZ SQ), MPC Gold, Amex Plat
Yep, you have to be with a Koru Club member... still if anyone wants them they are more than welcome to them
Old Jan 2, 2008, 2:19 am

Programs: NZ/QF/BA
Originally Posted by AndDee
Hopefully NZ never introduce the day pass!
Why not? If the lounge isn't too full, why doesn't NZ (or indeed other airlines) make some money by introducing day passes for passengers on economy tickets. Seems like a sound business decision to me since it allows them to use up extra capacity that would otherwise go unused -- but NZ/QF doesn't seem to agree.

Regards,
James
Old Jan 2, 2008, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by KiwiSurfer
Why not? If the lounge isn't too full, why doesn't NZ (or indeed other airlines) make some money by introducing day passes for passengers on economy tickets. Seems like a sound business decision to me since it allows them to use up extra capacity that would otherwise go unused -- but NZ/QF doesn't seem to agree.

Regards,
James
Lounge should be for those travelling in Business Class, * Gold, or have status with the airline.

AC allows a one off visit for $25 CAD and their lounges are overfull anyway!

DJ also offers a one off visit pass, but I have yet to encounter a full lounge with DJ. In ADL a few weeks back I was one of only 5 people in the lounge and that was at 4-6pm!
Old Jan 2, 2008, 8:07 am

Programs: BA, BMI, NZ, SQ
Thumbs up

Thanks for the offers splatnz & trooper.

I certainly would have taken you up on it if I could get in without a Koru Club member. I'm visiting home at the end of March. Flying a mix of BA & NZ business class LHR-HKG-AKL return. We have also seperately booked a AKL-CHC return weekend trip and they would have been useful.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 9:13 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by AndDee
AC allows a one off visit for $25 CAD and their lounges are overfull anyway!
Is that really caused by selling the one off pass? On the occasions I've visited the AC Maple Leaf Lounges I've not found them over full.

Now, domestic QCs and some Koru Clubs, on the other hand...
Old Jan 2, 2008, 4:15 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by KiwiSurfer

Regards,
James
But the lounges are full at busy times. Personally I'm glad NZ & QF (etc) do not stoop to this nonsense. The facilities are much better than US-based airline lounges - in part because they are supported by good customers and not just someone paying $25 or $50 to use the lounge one-off.

Indeed with my multiple statuses, I often have access to more than one lounge and will leave a crowded one to visit a less crowded one. (Most recently today at SYD.)
Old Jan 2, 2008, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
But the lounges are full at busy times. Personally I'm glad NZ & QF (etc) do not stoop to this nonsense. The facilities are much better than US-based airline lounges - in part because they are supported by good customers and not just someone paying $25 or $50 to use the lounge one-off.

Indeed with my multiple statuses, I often have access to more than one lounge and will leave a crowded one to visit a less crowded one. (Most recently today at SYD.)
Yep exactly right! DJ can get away with it as their lounges are rarely busy from what I have seen

What lounge did you go from/to in SYD ?
Old Aug 22, 2010, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by splatnz
Having my summer holiday tidy-up today and came across 10 koru guest passes. If anyone would like them please let me know as I won't use them and they should goto a good home
If you still had the passes they would be a great help to me. When I fly its usually with 2 girlfriends and it doesnt take long to use my 10 free passes each year so we usually dont go into the lounge once they are all used.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.