Domestic seat selection

Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Domestic seat selection

Hi,

does anyone know if there has been a change in policy.

I am Elite Partner - however I am being asked to pay $5 to select a seat at the back of the plane. And the front of the plane is all unavailable. Previously there was no charge for standard seats or for the Frequent Flyer seats up the front.

Or is this a glitch - perhaps only my silver status is being picked up?

Thanks
Old Apr 14, 2019, 6:39 pm

Programs: NZ *E
No change. Are you sure were/are logged in correctly with your airpoints number during booking? You should just book the flight, log out and then log in to seat select.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I have found the seat select quite buggy - sometimes my TG*G is recognised (usually during booking), but then if I want a change then the HVC status is missing....

Sometimes the the app works and the website doesnt. I trried to reset status by reentering my ff# - sometimes works....
Old Apr 14, 2019, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I have found the seat select quite buggy - sometimes my TG*G is recognised (usually during booking), but then if I want a change then the HVC status is missing....

Sometimes the the app works and the website doesnt. I trried to reset status by reentering my ff# - sometimes works....
I have found that recently if use the desktop site all seats have X in them. If go to seat select from app to mobile site can select seats.

May be something to with the A/B testing of the new seat select? As when ever it is broken my desktop is getting the new style seat select.
jeffrocowboy likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by nzkarit
I have found that recently if use the desktop site all seats have X in them. If go to seat select from app to mobile site can select seats.

May be something to with the A/B testing of the new seat select? As when ever it is broken my desktop is getting the new style seat select.
that worked for me too! Must remember that trick for next time (looking back, this is the third time I have had this issue over the past year)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.