NZ28 diverted to Austin

Old Apr 13, 19, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Location: MSP, WLG, or the forward most A seat in Y I can get
Programs: UA Gold (and all the derivatives on cars and hotels that implies)
NZ28 diverted to Austin

Presumed due to thunderstorms in the Houston area. I was on a flight heading out and spotted this.
Old Apr 13, 19, 6:28 pm

Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Great photo!

Interesting that it was actually only delayed by just over 2 hours looking at FR24 data but they've scrapped NZ29 tonight and it's flying tomorrow.
Old Apr 13, 19, 6:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Could there have been a problem with crew timing out if they had continued after the diversion? Flying tomorrow sounds like a mandatory crew rest issue, although it's hard to be sure without knowing details of NZ rules and regulations, plus the extent to which this flight is double crewed.
Old Apr 13, 19, 9:09 pm

Programs: Nz*G
Awesome photo
thanks for sharing
Old Apr 13, 19, 10:41 pm

Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Could there have been a problem with crew timing out if they had continued after the diversion? Flying tomorrow sounds like a mandatory crew rest issue, although it's hard to be sure without knowing details of NZ rules and regulations, plus the extent to which this flight is double crewed.
It was NZ29 that showed delayed on FR24 but it did infact leave IAH to head back to NZ.

I though it was strange it showed as delayed when there was no obvious reason The crew on the way over could easily cope with a divert of a few hours without going over time

Search this Thread