Wiki Posts
Search

SITI versus SOTO airfares to/from NZ

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2019, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
SITI versus SOTO airfares to/from NZ

Interesting article on the Newshub site, highlight the many instances where seats ex-NZ are more expensive than the same itinerary reversed. Not news to most folks here I suspect. They also highlight a few where the reverse is true--mostly ex-Oz.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 4:39 pm

Good to know that AKL is the only international airport in NZ according to this report.
ps107 likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 6:04 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
There are lots of flaws is such a simple story though - including the fact the 1st October is just after the start of NZ school holidays which pretty much invalidates the entire story (and then starts another debate about pricing during big events and holidays).
Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:05 am

A plane can be mostly full in one direction but not in the other. So it's not really a valid argument.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.