Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Virgin Atlantic's new Business Class seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Atlantic's new Business Class seat

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:48 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Erasmus III
You're absolutely right. I've never understood why people have an issue with flip-over beds. Completely flat chairs aren't comfortable - for a chair to be comfortable it needs to have contouring on the sides and in the lumbar, but for a bed to be comfortable it needs to be flat. The most elegant solution to get the best of both worlds is a flip over bed. On a 12 hour flight, I'm more than happy to give up 2 minutes of my time to make the bed.
True - I feel the same way. And since the NZ crews make your bed for you, I find it usually works well that when I'm ready for bed, I head to the bathroom to brush my teeth and freshen up, and by the time I come back to my seat I have an inviting bed awaiting me. I think that's one of the more luxurious aspects of the product actually, with almost a first class feel (though I'm sure it adds substantially to crew workload) whereas many J products leave it up to you to make your own bed, figure out the bedding/mattress pads etc (which also isn't a dealbreaker). But I know others, especially people who find it difficult to sleep on planes, like to be able to do that gradually, reclining their way down to flat without having to stand up (and therefore wake themselves up more) when finally feeling sleepy.

Originally Posted by mcgma760
I can't believe no-one has criticised the inability one would have to see out the window based on the images in the article of the new VS product... Sure you have to turn sideways on NZ but at least you don't have a shelf there....
To be fair, it looks like the shelf obscures one window, but you'd still have one free window you can look clearly out. Also, the obscured window would be more in your peripheral vision while the unobstructed one is closer to your direct line of sight. Eg this image seems to show that fairly clearly:

New VS product showing window view

At least it's not like ANA's First Class Cube which puts the same wraparound shell on the window side as it does on the aisle side for privacy. A truly horrible design choice, not helped by the fact that it looks like a cheap IKEA style work cubicle!
FEasy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.