NZ credits to other FF programs

Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
NZ credits to other FF programs

How long should I wait for a mileage credit flown on NZ to show up in another FF program - KF or MileagePlus say - before filing an online claim?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
My understanding is data between *A carriers is now very regular - at least typically once per week at worst.

How long ago did you fly and was it on an eligable booking class?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbiddle
My understanding is data between *A carriers is now very regular - at least typically once per week at worst. How long ago did you fly and was it on an eligable booking class?
Sunday and yes - 100% to Krisflyer. Perhaps I've been spoiled - SQ points show up in Virgin Velocity in no more than 24 hours in my experience

I should add my travel companion credited his miles to United and they've already shown up in his account

Last edited by RTWFF; Apr 2, 2019 at 10:24 pm
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

An update to my original post. Still no credit to KF. I now recall that when I showed my *G MileagePlus card at the lounge to gain entry the woman there started fooling around with the computer. I asked her twice for reassurance that she wasn't altering my mileage accrual and she replied "no" both times. It hasn't shown up in KF nor in MP. My traveling companion had his mileage credited to MP within a couple of days (we were both on the same class of ticket)
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:28 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by RTWFF
An update to my original post. Still no credit to KF. I now recall that when I showed my *G MileagePlus card at the lounge to gain entry the woman there started fooling around with the computer. I asked her twice for reassurance that she wasn't altering my mileage accrual and she replied "no" both times. It hasn't shown up in KF nor in MP. My traveling companion had his mileage credited to MP within a couple of days (we were both on the same class of ticket)
Why not start a retro claim now? Many Star airlines now process claims in real time.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Why not start a retro claim now? Many Star airlines now process claims in real time.
I have. SQ provide a PDF of a fillable form to use for partner airlines and it then has to be emailed off to some "Retro Claim" email address. It's definitely not a real-time, on-screen experience - fairly typical of SQ/KF I'm afraid

After 3 days receipt was acknowledged with the advice "For retroactive mileage requests on Singapore Airlines' airline and non-airline partners, you will be notified of the outcome of your request(s) within 8 weeks."

Last edited by RTWFF; Apr 9, 2019 at 2:00 am
Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

The final resolution - "incorrect booking class for mileage accrual" despite it being the same class that United gave 50% for to my companion (same booking). I think that's an ATFH lesson
Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
The final resolution - "incorrect booking class for mileage accrual" despite it being the same class that United gave 50% for to my companion (same booking). I think that's an ATFH lesson
Yes, UA is the only Star programme that credits the few lowest booking classes on NZ. SQ only does it for SIN-AKL sector. The lesson is to check the earn table of your desired programme and know your booking class before booking.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Yes, UA is the only Star programme that credits the few lowest booking classes on NZ. SQ only does it for SIN-AKL sector. The lesson is to check the earn table of your desired programme and know your booking class before booking.
I merely used "Where To Credit" website - there's nothing there about "SQ only does it for SIN-AKL sector". Lesson learned
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I merely used "Where To Credit" website - there's nothing there about "SQ only does it for SIN-AKL sector". Lesson learned
What was the booking class?
Where To Credit is a general guide only. It cannot cover any specific cases/exceptions.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:45 pm

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Crediting R class to Asiana

A somewhat related question... what are people's experience with crediting segments that are upgraded (with RUs) to other FFPs?

On my recent flight to IAH, we'd booked SYD-AKL-IAH in PE (booking class A) and I'd used a short-haul recognition upgrade (part of the recent status match for Australian residents) to upgrade SYD-AKL to BP. After the upgrade cleared, I changed my FFP from NZ*G to my OZ*G, as I'd already have enough SP from my return sectors to qualify me as full NZ*G, and I value my OZ miles much more (plus I'm slowly building towards lifetime gold).

Of course I didn't think about the fact that upgrading to R class might mess with my ability to credit this to OZ. Sure enough, SYD-AKL hasn't credited automatically, even though AKL-IAH has (and my partner, who was travelling on the same flights but a separate booking, and who had upgraded SYD-AKL using OneUp, has had his flights credit to OZ no problem). I've tried doing an automatic credit request on the OZ website using the original fare class A but that comes back as declined due to invalid booking class. The Asiana Mileage Club website does list R class as invalid for mileage credit.

I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts on whether I should:
1) Try emailing Asiana with my details, along with my original itinerary showing A class, given the sector was a complimentary upgrade and the paid fare class was A, or
2) I should talk to the NZ Premium team to see whether I can credit it to NZ instead, since OZ won't credit it (and if so, whether I'd need some sort of proof from OZ or for them to reverse out my claim or something), or
3) Just suck it up and move on.

The flight in question is just over a month ago if that affects your thoughts on best approach.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.