Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

*G benefits when flying on Airpoints reward ticket

Old Mar 30, 19, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer

I have Krisflyer Gold and want to use a bunch of airpoints. Customer service rep suggested some benefits not available (e.g. seat select when booking) and that other benefits were at relevant staff member's discretion. I've accessed the lounge before on a ticket booked with APD, is this ever an issue? Main thing I'm concerned about is lounge and extra cabin baggage.
Old Mar 30, 19, 10:45 pm

Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
You probably won't get lounge access. Air NZ don't allow mixing FQTV and FQTS, and these are both tied to NZ on a NZ award ticket.
Old Mar 30, 19, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle View Post
You probably won't get lounge access. Air NZ don't allow mixing FQTV and FQTS, and these are both tied to NZ on a NZ award ticket.
This has been the subject of many threads over the years...
FQTV and FQTS
Is it the end of the FQTV/FQTS entry fields?
Current wisdom on FQTV / FQTS?

Late last year just before the Air NZ and VA breakup I was successfully able to access the NZ lounge as a VA Gold when booked on a domestic Airpoints ticket - so whilst many will say it's not possible, it still is technically possible as my boarding pass was issued with VA-G and my Air NZ number.

What makes it even more confusing is that the Star Alliance reference guide says you don't need to have the *A Gold number on a boarding pass, you just need to be able to show a *G card - https://portal.staralliance.com/empl...eference-guide - page 159.

Honestly I don't know why Air NZ keeps kicking up such a stink about this given they still get to bill a different airline to pay for the lounge access especially Given staff at lounge were told to tell people off for "double dipping".
Thai-Kiwi and jawnbc like this.
Old Mar 31, 19, 12:24 am

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by sbiddle View Post
sbiddle - In June 2018 on an NZ award with no NZ status I did manage access to the lounge and FF seating when flying WLG-CHC, then CHC-AKL in Jun using my TG*G status.

Tix paid for by Airports, and I paid an additional $30 for a preferred seat CHC-AKL (this was J seat on 772).

I posted about my experience regarding when in transit at CHC as staff insisted I enter my TG*G card details into the booking to gain access. Showing my TG card was insufficient.
Old Mar 31, 19, 12:26 am

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by henrus View Post
This has been the subject of many threads over the years...
FQTV and FQTS
Is it the end of the FQTV/FQTS entry fields?
Current wisdom on FQTV / FQTS?

Add my experience to the list:

Denied lounge access unless accruing to your *G program

Search this Thread