Old Mar 27, 19, 3:02 pm

It's Seoul, man
https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/...anywide-review
trooper and djsflynn like this.
Old Mar 27, 19, 3:51 pm

Also in that stuff article
  • Delaying 4 A321NEOS
  • Delaying 2 Long Haul guessing they mean 789s
  • A more spacious economy product on next aircraft in mid 2020s. SO does that mean A350s or 777x with thinner insulation so wider seat?
  • Free Wi-Fi from Today
Old Mar 27, 19, 4:22 pm

Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Stuff reporting was pretty bad.. Didn't mention some of the actual news including the new BP seats, ORD and HKG changes.

I don't like linking my own stuff but read my TravelTalk post if you want to know more.
Old Mar 27, 19, 4:27 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QF-WP
Mr Luxon says that Air New Zealand will begin fitting an enhanced version of its existing Business Premier seat to its widebody fleet towards the end of the 2019 calendar year and the rollout is expected to be completed by December 2020.

"We have undertaken considerable customer research and testing over the past 12 months to come up with enhancements to the existing award-winning seat as well as a new food, beverage and service offering that reflects the essence of who we are as a nation. We are confident our Business Premier customers will love their Air New Zealand experience more than ev

So what does it actually mean - enhanced version of existing seat doesnít sound overly optimistic!!

Old Mar 27, 19, 4:33 pm

Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
It's a brand new seat. Been in development for quite a while now.
kiwifrequentflyer likes this.
Old Mar 27, 19, 4:56 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QF-WP
Thatís what I thought ..... but enhancements to existing seats - didnít sound that way!!
Old Mar 27, 19, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by bce1 View Post
Thatís what I thought ..... but enhancements to existing seats - didnít sound that way!!
Maybe they're going to enhance them with beaded seat covers.
Beckett66 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 19, 5:48 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Originally Posted by bce1 View Post
I would expect some improvements to the current seats rather than a completely new one, because the language of the announcement suggests it.
AUSBT is of that opinion.
https://www.ausbt.com.au/air-new-zea...tm_source=hero
I don't really mind if there is a temporary "enhancement", because the seat is reasonably comfortable and is good for sleeping.
Old Mar 27, 19, 5:52 pm

Programs: NZ Gold, AS, AC, QF
Originally Posted by sbiddle View Post
Stuff reporting was pretty bad.. Didn't mention some of the actual news including the new BP seats, ORD and HKG changes.

I don't like linking my own stuff but read my TravelTalk post if you want to know more.
Can't find it. Besides, if you're gonna mention it, might as well link to it.
Old Mar 27, 19, 6:06 pm

HKG retimed to a mid-morning departure from AKL (1020/1645) for an immediate turnround in HKG to fly back to AKL as the existing NZ80 schedule. I know the overnight flight was popular with a lot of people for onward Asia connections, so a shame that's going.

With the JV and CX's additional flight over New Zealand summer it would have been nice to see from their combined metal a morning, afternoon and overnight departure from AKL and an equivalent afternoon, overnight and morning departure from HKG. At the moment the lack of a morning departure from HKG makes it hard for CX to sell connecting traffic from Europe other than London and Paris, as all of those flights arrive into HKG early morning.
Old Mar 27, 19, 6:07 pm

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Silver, QF Bronze, AF Ivory, FlyBe, IHG Platinum Elite, Accor Platinum
Press release here AirNZ business review update
Old Mar 27, 19, 7:38 pm

FYI, the 2019-2020 BP enhanced seat is just that, an enhanced version of the current one, rather than the all-new one under development at 'Hangar 22':

We chased and obtained clarification on this from NZ PR, which advised to Australian Business Traveller: "These are separate projects. We will start to fit our widebody aircraft with an enhanced version of the existing Business Premier seat later this year, with the rollout expected to be complete by December 2020. The new Business Premier seat is being developed for the widebody aircraft that will replace our 777-200 fleet."

This is from https://www.ausbt.com.au/air-new-zea...ches-late-2019
Old Mar 27, 19, 9:01 pm

So essentially the new business class seat just got pushed out another couple of years...

Search this Thread