FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air New Zealand | Air Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points-440/)
-   -   SFO – Koru member lounge access (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points/1962388-sfo-koru-member-lounge-access.html)

flysally Mar 24, 19 7:55 pm

SFO – Koru member lounge access
 
Hi folks, anyone a Koru club member (only) who has flown out of SFO lately, any lounge access? I rung AirNZ recently whom advised me they only issue a ‘voucher’ for maybe a café or something in the terminal? Anyone know the valve amount of the voucher or where you can redeem it? Are there showers in the terminal?

I have a Priority Pass card but it’s for Air France which is in a different terminal.

TIA

24left Mar 24, 19 8:12 pm


Originally Posted by flysally (Post 30925521)
Hi folks, anyone a Koru club member (only) who has flown out of SFO lately, any lounge access? I rung AirNZ recently whom advised me they only issue a ‘voucher’ for maybe a café or something in the terminal? Anyone know the valve amount of the voucher or where you can redeem it? Are there showers in the terminal?

I have a Priority Pass card but it’s for Air France which is in a different terminal.

TIA

@flysally
Are you flying in Y economy?

I flew NZ SFO-AKL and they depart from the International Terminal.

Here are some links for you

First is an excellent interactive map of the International terminal. I've bought some really nice food and coffee etc at Napa Farms, past the Duty Free on your left. It's a bit expensive but the food is fresh. Better than fast food. I fly AC in and out of there (same terminal) and Napa markets was great to have before my flights.

https://www.flysfo.com/maps/interact...stination=1724

Here is the link to the Priority Pass page for AF/KL

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...e---klm-lounge

and a review and directions

https://onemileatatime.com/air-franc...ncisco-review/

Hope this helps

sopwith7 Mar 24, 19 8:20 pm


Originally Posted by flysally (Post 30925521)
Hi folks, anyone a Koru club member (only) who has flown out of SFO lately, any lounge access? I rung AirNZ recently whom advised me they only issue a ‘voucher’ for maybe a café or something in the terminal? Anyone know the valve amount of the voucher or where you can redeem it? Are there showers in the terminal?

I have a Priority Pass card but it’s for Air France which is in a different terminal.

TIA

That's correct, no lounge for Koru-only. They give you a $25 voucher which you can use in all but one or two shops in the terminal (I think you were unable to use the voucher at Joe & the Juice). There's a good market - I think it's called Napa Farms - with sandwiches and loads of packaged whole food options. Unfortunately there aren't many nice places to sit near that, but you can take your food down toward the terrace at the end of the terminal.

Last time I flew through SFO I was both Star Gold and Koru, so they gave me the $25 voucher plus I visited the United Club, which has basic salad / pasta bar, soups, free house tap beer and wines - nothing amazing but it's comfy place to sit. So that was a pretty good deal.

jeffrocowboy Mar 24, 19 9:09 pm


Originally Posted by flysally (Post 30925521)
Hi folks, anyone a Koru club member (only) who has flown out of SFO lately, any lounge access? I rung AirNZ recently whom advised me they only issue a ‘voucher’ for maybe a café or something in the terminal? Anyone know the valve amount of the voucher or where you can redeem it? Are there showers in the terminal?

I have a Priority Pass card but it’s for Air France which is in a different terminal.

TIA

there is a shower - cant exactly recall where it is as did not end up using - was pretty pricey - US$25 I think

codyc1515 Mar 25, 19 12:18 am

I have no idea why Air NZ will happily pay for you to go to a United Lounge in most other places Air NZ flies, but not SFO. It's very bizarre. I believe this is the same for Elite Partners, which is arguably worse.

They will give you a US$25 voucher when checking in at the airport. If you are departing at night, good luck! You may find most of the stores will be closed. However, they all seem to accept the voucher. The food options are pretty terrible if you are looking for anything remotely healthy.

flysally Mar 25, 19 12:37 am

Gosh thanks everyone, The Napa Farms place is open until 11pm and the food sounds very appetizing. My husband will be with me and they confirmed he'll get a voucher too.

Thai-Kiwi Mar 25, 19 2:28 am

Koru Club has its limitations. Saw a kiwi couple trying to access the THAI lounge in HKG (1 was KC, both in Y), but were being told no, just *G or biz (and first) pax could use. I assume they were on the NZ flight to AKL (but that wasn't clear). I didn't linger or intervene as I knew almost nothing about Airpoints...

Not sure what the actual rules for NZ were at that time, but the couple clearly thought KC access worked at any *A lounge...

sbiddle Mar 25, 19 5:10 am

Koru will get you into the Thai lounge at HKG with one guest.

Interestingly ORD has Koru access now to the SAS lounge since about early Feb. It didn't when the route launched.

samyoull Mar 25, 19 9:31 am


Originally Posted by codyc1515 (Post 30926087)
I have no idea why Air NZ will happily pay for you to go to a United Lounge in most other places Air NZ flies, but not SFO. It's very bizarre. I believe this is the same for Elite Partners, which is arguably worse.

They will give you a US$25 voucher when checking in at the airport. If you are departing at night, good luck! You may find most of the stores will be closed. However, they all seem to accept the voucher. The food options are pretty terrible if you are looking for anything remotely healthy.

The SFO INTL UC is an absolute mess in the evenings, I'm picking they just don't have capacity.

Thai-Kiwi Mar 25, 19 12:21 pm


Originally Posted by sbiddle (Post 30926539)
Koru will get you into the Thai lounge at HKG with one guest.

So either a staff misunderstanding of policy, or they weren’t on the Air NZ flight.

Thai-Kiwi Mar 25, 19 12:33 pm

duplicate

24left Mar 25, 19 4:03 pm


Originally Posted by sopwith7 (Post 30925598)
.... There's a good market - I think it's called Napa Farms - with sandwiches and loads of packaged whole food options. Unfortunately there aren't many nice places to sit near that, but you can take your food down toward the terrace at the end of the terminal.

.....

@sopwith7
I posted the Napa Farms location in my post above yours along with an interactive SFO terminal map

@jeffrocowboy
Showers are on the interactive map, seem to be behind the UA Polaris

@flysally

There are actually a lot of really nice table and chair seating in the terminal area and they've added some other tables that have charing stations and of course there is plenty of seating on the upper levels at each gate. I never go downstairs until absolutely necessary.


https://www.flysfo.com/maps/interact...stination=1724


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 8:53 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.