Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Air NZ's attempt to understand customers better-Beta

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*E

I came across this via a sales email, quite interesting

it is still in its beta form so it may be a while until this will be seen in-flight...... literally
but I am amused myself when I see ISM holding ipads (looks professional) but what they are looking at is a picture of the seat map with customers details like what they put in the gallery.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
That video is a couple of years old now. Pretty much just a "what could we do with VR /AI technology" type of demo and is something that'll never see production any time soon
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*E
thanks, that is interesting
they are using that for a talk that charge....
Old Mar 14, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: AirNZ G*, AirAsia Black
April fools joke?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by mcgma760
April fools joke?
Nope.

You have to remember this was announced two years ago. It is nothing new.

It was simply Air NZ and Dimension Data collaborating with Microsoft using Hololens (which had just launched to developers at the time) on a concept to demonstrate VR and how it could be useful in an airline environment.

Will such a concept ever see the day of light? Maybe one day - but certainly no time soon. This was never about building a production solution, it was merely about looking at ideas.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:30 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Didn't NZ demo VR back when they had an exhibit at Te Papa (it celebrated some special anniversary)?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:08 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Te Papa Exhibition - Air New Zealand 75 Years: Our nation. The world. Connected

Exhibition was held from 20 Dec 2014 to 26 Jul 2015.

This dynamic, interactive exhibition led visitors through the decades from Air New Zealand’s first flight, on 30 April 1940 between Auckland and Sydney, through inspiring stories of the airline’s growth and innovation. The cockpit of a Boeing 737 on Te Papa’s forecourt offered the opportunity to sit in the pilot’s chair and pose with the nose.

Aviation enthusiasts could see the motor, driveshaft and propeller from Richard Pearse’s original aircraft. Fashion lovers could follow style trends through the airline’s uniforms up to the present and try on modern Trelise Cooper designs.
Stuff

Te Papa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.