Leased 777 Singapore Air - Bassinet Seats

Old Feb 24, 19, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ *S,
Leased 777 Singapore Air - Bassinet Seats

Hi All,

We have just had our Hawaii flight changed from the 787 to the Leased 777-200 of Singapore airlines - Issue being we are traveling with a 4 month old baby and I see on the seat map on Air NZ - they only have 2 bassinet sets available and they are right at the back next to the 6 toilets - so not going to be very quiet for the little man. Plus the fact - if you have two babies - and only 3 seats .. chances are one of the parents are going to need to sit somewhere else on the plane .. middle isle.

When I check out the seat map on Singapore Airlines and Seat Guru - they are showing the plane to have 3 bassinet seats up the front of economy but they are all greyed out (Flight control) so does anyone know if this plane does have more bassinet seats then what the Air NZ seat map is showing ? When I rung Air NZ, - they couldn't even find the bassinet seats on the plane .. not handy.

Thanks,
Old Feb 25, 19, 1:34 am

I'm not sure your exact plane / situation but for what its worth the 777-300 that SQ fly out of CHC has three Bassinet seats at the front of Y. Booking full flexi Y tickets (via SQ direct) and *G had no issues booking one when I booked flights, and no issues at airport. We flew with a three month old and they didn't spend that much time in the Bassinet - between sleeping on us, turbulence (no bassinet use) and having a play. But definitely worth having if you can.
Old Mar 2, 19, 8:53 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold
This is the config - SQ seat map - which has plenty of bassinet positions at the front, not sure why NZ wouldn't be using all of them as they haven't changed the configuration. Maybe try calling again and asking specifically about the row 31 seats?

Search this Thread