Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meal availability

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Originally Posted by sbiddle
There are plenty of FSMs on 6 figure salaries. ISMs aren't quite so lucky.
If you told me the very experienced made 100-110k I might believe you. If you told me they make 140k+ without any evidence, I call BS.

Lawyers and accounts cap out around low to mid six figures unless they open their own business or make partner.
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
If you told me the very experienced made 100-110k I might believe you. If you told me they make 140k+ without any evidence, I call BS.
All depends what is being discussed . Basic salary only, or including allowances? Is employer contribution to super/kiwisaver included in a total remuneration figure or not?
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 3:09 pm

I am 99% certain that is just BS. Very very few jobs in NZ make over 100k a year, and jobs that make MID 100k are unicorn jobs. If that figure is referring to anything it will be the pilots.

Lawyers and accounts cap out around low to mid six figures unless they open their own business or make partner.
Actually there are heaps of people who earn over 100k.

Just as an example have a look at Auckland Council staff numbers and pay | OurAuckland

Search in the document for "Details of staff earning over $100,000 and $200,000"

It says "
You have sought information on the number of staff earning over $100,000 per year. There are currently 1,092 staff who earn over $100,000 within the council parent. The number of staff earning over $100,000 represents 15 percent of all council parent staff, This is an increase of one percent compared to the same reporting period last year."

And that was a document from October 2017.

In fact at AIR NEW ZEALAND if you look at P65 https://p-airnz.com/cms/assets/PDFs/...al-Results.pdf you will see that 3051 staff in 'Aircrew, engineering, overseas and others' (excluding NZ Management) were paid >$100k and they certainly don't have that many pilots.

Sure there's many groups in society which are not as well paid - one of the reasons why many healthcare workers have been campaigning for better pay (if you look at Doctors under the NZRDA Meca https://www.nzrda.org.nz/wp-content/...archable-2.pdf you will see that a first year non-rural House Surgeon working 40hours could be on $56783 and an urban Registrar at year 10 (12+years post graduation) working 40hours could be on $129004).

However looking at the Air NZ document there are certainly significant numbers of staff on well in excess of $100k and the numbers certainly surprised me.

Last edited by drajknox; Feb 23, 2019 at 3:16 pm
Old Feb 23, 2019, 3:27 pm

Even doctors who have worked for some years still make low 100k, even though they are working 60+ hours a week.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 6:01 pm

Programs: QF WP
I haven’t been intimately involved with AirNZ for a couple of years but if they’re anything like every other legacy airline, there’s a distinction between what some crew on decent legacy contracts are making, and what most crew, recruited on newer, more inferior contracts are being paid. See BA WW/EF vs MF, Australian airlines subcontracting cabin crew through altara, even with pilots (CX a scale vs b and subsequent scales).

TLdr just cos some cabin crew are earning 6 figures, i’m willing to wager many/most are not

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.