Wiki Posts
Search

Higher prices when logging in as NZ FF

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: some
Higher prices when logging in as NZ FF

Booking SYD-AKL and getting NZ$199 on Google Flights. When following the link to Air NZ and when prompted to log in the price jumps to $249. When not logging in it remains at $199...Maybe this very common but it was the first time for me to see it.
Just booked it through Expedia and then rang to add my FF later - for $199....Weird.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:34 am

Probably due to country of purchase. Are you Australian based? Often different pricing...
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
I don't think this is correct. I can't get Google Flights to price in any currency other than the local one - and if I'm not mistaken attempting to book an NZ flight from AU to NZ will always go to airnewzealand.com.au and price in AUD - until you log in with an NZ FF account, at which time it will reprice in NZD and direct you to airnewzealand.co.nz.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by kyanar
I don't think this is correct. I can't get Google Flights to price in any currency other than the local one - and if I'm not mistaken attempting to book an NZ flight from AU to NZ will always go to airnewzealand.com.au and price in AUD - until you log in with an NZ FF account, at which time it will reprice in NZD and direct you to airnewzealand.co.nz.
mmm not sure about Google flights - I’m sure that depends on your google privacy settings to an extent. The NZ website in my experience (and I just checked again to make sure I’m not going nuts) definitely just prices based on which website you initially go to - but yes once you log in it restricts you.

Last edited by Tag1987; Feb 20, 2019 at 2:45 am
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
Originally Posted by Tag1987
once you log in it restricts you.
Can easily get around this by selecting country again once you login, or booking whilst logged out and adding your airpoints number midway through the booking flow.
Tag1987 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.