Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
AIRNZ Lounges in Australia

Has anyone heard of Swissport ?
I hear they are taking over the Brisbane AIRNZ lounge operation
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:39 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Swissport are Air NZ's ground handling agent in Australia. I recall reading last year somewhere that BNE was migrating across early this year. SYD and MEL moved across last year from Toll.

Last edited by sbiddle; Feb 13, 2019 at 6:55 pm
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:49 pm

You might know them better as Aerocare. Swissport acquired Aerocare last year and have progressively been rebranding their operations across Australia and NZ.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:52 pm

Programs: NZ/QF/BA
Swissport USA (previously Servisair) also provides ground handling to NZ at some (if not all) of their North American ports for some years now. Not sure if they have any involvement with lounges though.

Last edited by KiwiSurfer; Feb 13, 2019 at 9:52 pm Reason: Grammar
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Beano
@Beano
It was Compass Group , the institutional food service company that was managing the NZ lounge in BNE when I was there in Nov 2017 and I spoke with the manager at the time. ( I even asked how the same company that manages the AC lounges in Canada, and they don't even come close to the food quality, amenities and services that the NZ BNE had)

No idea if it changed but AFAIK, Swissport doesn't do food service for airline lounges. Maybe others can confirm.

Either way, the Compass websites for UK, Canada and New Zealand are not clear on many things and I found them a bit challenging to navigate without using Google to search instead of trying to search on the various Compass sites.

Google found this and it's a few years old

Savio Del Duca, Key Account Manager, Air New Zealand account
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Beano
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swissport
<snip>
On July 31, 2015 it was announced that China's HNA Group, the parent company of Hainan Airlines, was to purchase Swissport for $2.81 billion US.[7]
<snip>

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Feb 13, 2019 at 10:37 pm
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:09 am

As far as I'm aware, Swissport will do the ground handling (including have a few people stationed in each lounge), but Compass Group will still manage food delivery in the lounges.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.