New frequent traveler survey

Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:20 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Elite here didnt get the survey, I may need to check spam!

But my feedback would be similar to the above, i now fly Air NZ basically because I have to. last few years I flew international and got banked years, now my domestic travel will comfortably requalify me but no banked year (have 3 already anyway)

If they had a better loyalty programme I would consider giving more of my considerable international travel to AirNZ.

i wonder if the their recent tougher financial results will make them treat their FFP better to get more loyalty, or will they see us another cost to cut?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I must be the only person who didn't get it!
This Jade didn’t receive the email, so you are not alone! Pity, I’d happily add my opinion why I am staying away from Airpoints......
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:08 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
I received the email.

I will try and engage with the new Loyalty Manager as FT Ambassador for NZ.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:26 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by samjnz

By far my biggest rant was about lounges though -- it's more peaceful in the terminal at times
Can't disagree with that. My last two flights have involved a late Friday afternoon at WLG where the place literally was a completely chokka noisy bar and then coming back from ORD on Tuesday walking into AKL domestic Koru was like walking into a zoo. The terminal was quiet in comparison to the lounge where there were pretty much no spare seats anywhere and huge numbers of people just standing around.

The problem is I don't know what NZ can do about the Koru issue. Doubling the size of lounges isn't really possible!
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:28 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Can't disagree with that. My last two flights have involved a late Friday afternoon at WLG where the place literally was a completely chokka noisy bar and then coming back from ORD on Tuesday walking into AKL domestic Koru was like walking into a zoo. The terminal was quiet in comparison to the lounge where there were pretty much no spare seats anywhere and huge numbers of people just standing around.

The problem is I don't know what NZ can do about the Koru issue. Doubling the size of lounges isn't really possible!
I guess increase price of koru membership could be an option?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:36 pm

Just received an email in the last few minutes as a Gold.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:11 am

Programs: Air NZ*GE
Same, received dead on 9pm this eve, Elite. here we go!
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:28 am

It didn’t take me as long as I anticipated. However not well designed in that when you answered that you hadn’t used some benefits it might lead them to think you didn’t value them when in fact you might plan to use them in the future.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
They offered me the "opportunity" to give a survey.

And I figured I the opportunity to spend my time doing anything else was better.

Domestically can't talk. Internationally I would rather fly them, to USA than Qantas ANY day, and Virgin Competes with them for me money, literally. Usually air nz edges, it due to flight times but sometimes to make earlier connections I need to fly with virgin. That's pretty much it from this long haul traveler.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:55 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by oranjemakker
do that at the same time as removing credit card passes and removing credit card SP and SP only on Airnz tickets.
that would free up the lounges :-)
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:28 am

Be careful what you wish for.

The last time, some of you complained it wasn't fair how your last minute corporate paid fare earned the same as discount fares. We ended up with a broken complicated roulette style airpoints program.

In the era where NZ is going through tougher times, any new change can only be more restrictive. Some of you are already struggling to make status.

Call me skeptical. NZ will make very selective changes that will benefit the bottom line further, not necessarily in the favour of frequent flyer or loyalty.

The timing of this survey is bad when the airline signals changes ahead in response to financial outlook.
kiwifrequentflyer likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by poopbunny
Be careful what you wish for.

The last time, some of you complained it wasn't fair how your last minute corporate paid fare earned the same as discount fares. We ended up with a broken complicated roulette style airpoints program.

In the era where NZ is going through tougher times, any new change can only be more restrictive. Some of you are already struggling to make status.

Call me skeptical. NZ will make very selective changes that will benefit the bottom line further, not necessarily in the favour of frequent flyer or loyalty.

The timing of this survey is bad when the airline signals changes ahead in response to financial outlook.
possibly sage words
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by oranjemakker
Maybe.. But the number of Gold members has exploded in recent years. If NZ give better earn like so many people want then that situation will only get worse, not better.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Maybe.. But the number of Gold members has exploded in recent years. If NZ give better earn like so many people want then that situation will only get worse, not better.
Yes.
Arguably status is too easy to earn. Especially Elite. Make Elite a status that is genuinely hard to achieve and earned by bums on seats. Remove status earning from credit card earn.
Earn and burn of redeemable points / dollars is very poor which could be improved.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
And I received a second invite to participate today although I already completed the survey yesterday.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.