Wiki Posts
Search

New frequent traveler survey

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ *G
New frequent traveler survey

Did anyone else get an email from Christopher Luxton today, inviting “frequent travelers” to complete a survey? I dropped from Elite to Gold in 2018, so it looks like NZ is casting the net widely for feedback.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Yes.
Gave them clear feedback on poor frequent flyer programme. Maybe the new guy will work on making a programme for flyers, not credit card holders.
sopwith7 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
I did likewise. A new Loyalty GM was appointed last week.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ *G
Originally Posted by WLGNZ
Yes.
Gave them clear feedback on poor frequent flyer programme. Maybe the new guy will work on making a programme for flyers, not credit card holders.
That’s exactky the feedback I gave.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite*G; Skywards Gold; Hertz President's Circle
I suspect there will be lots of very similar responses from Elites/Golds - very poor/declining SP/Airpoints $ accrual rates for actually flying Air NZ metal, little/no long-term recognition of most regular FFers; overcrowded lounges, etc - the list goes on....
jeffrocowboy likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
I received the survey. Looking forward to taking some time to fill it out.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:54 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I must be the only person who didn't get it!
jeffrocowboy and Trumpkin like this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:07 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I must be the only person who didn't get it!
No, I didn't get it either , but my wife (also elite) did this morning, so we are looking forward to filling it out together. Our response will be very much along the lines of those already mentioned, plus the Elite Christmas gift!!
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Elite here and didn’t get it
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Survey did not appear to be optimized for mobile, crashed out on submission . . . . wont get that 30 minutes back!
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: NZ *E
I definitely gave a lot of feedback about the lounge situation in Auckland International.

Also mentioned the missed opportunity to update the Business hard product when they refitted the 773 aircraft and are now falling behind other carriers.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by samjnz
I definitely gave a lot of feedback about the lounge situation in Auckland International.

Also mentioned the missed opportunity to update the Business hard product when they refitted the 773 aircraft and are now falling behind other carriers.
As much as many in here love to hate on the BP the problem is lots of feedback doesn't back that up, and my experience flying back from ORD on Sunday was proof of that.

The BP cabin was chokka full of Americans who are in all likelihood paying top $$ who simply couldn't get over how great the plane was, how great the cabin was, how great their sleep was, how great the service was, and how great it was they could dine at their seat (multiple couples chose this for both meals). They were gushing over the crew and telling them this repeatedly and how much better they were than all the other airlines they'd flown.

Who should NZ really listen to?
Fliar likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:46 pm

Programs: NZ *E
Originally Posted by sbiddle
As much as many in here love to hate on the BP the problem is lots of feedback doesn't back that up, and my experience flying back from ORD on Sunday was proof of that.

The BP cabin was chokka full of Americans who are in all likelihood paying top $$ who simply couldn't get over how great the plane was, how great the cabin was, how great their sleep was, how great the service was, and how great it was they could dine at their seat (multiple couples chose this for both meals). They were gushing over the crew and telling them this repeatedly and how much better they were than all the other airlines they'd flown.

Who should NZ really listen to?
The inflight service is still excellent compared to Polaris on UA where asking for a mattress pad is met with a stern scowl from the FAs and the food is increasingly cost cut.

The big thing is leg room -- as a 6'1" person, it's a much easier fit on some of the newer products (such as UA's)

By far my biggest rant was about lounges though -- it's more peaceful in the terminal at times
Fliar likes this.

Last edited by samjnz; Feb 13, 2019 at 8:52 pm
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:19 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by kiwicyclo
Survey did not appear to be optimized for mobile, crashed out on submission . . . . wont get that 30 minutes back!
they did warn that at the beginning of the survey (but of course better practice would allow completion on mobile)
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:20 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
I got it - and I am but a lowly Elite Partner (only Silver in my own right, and that looks like disappearing too)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.