New frequent traveler survey

Old Feb 13, 19, 9:20 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Posts: 1,255
Elite here didnt get the survey, I may need to check spam!

But my feedback would be similar to the above, i now fly Air NZ basically because I have to. last few years I flew international and got banked years, now my domestic travel will comfortably requalify me but no banked year (have 3 already anyway)

If they had a better loyalty programme I would consider giving more of my considerable international travel to AirNZ.

i wonder if the their recent tougher financial results will make them treat their FFP better to get more loyalty, or will they see us another cost to cut?
oranjemakker is offline  
Old Feb 13, 19, 9:40 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PPQ/WLG/BKK
Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Posts: 7,718
Originally Posted by sbiddle View Post
I must be the only person who didn't get it!
This Jade didnít receive the email, so you are not alone! Pity, Iíd happily add my opinion why I am staying away from Airpoints......
Thai-Kiwi is offline  
Old Feb 13, 19, 10:08 pm
  #18  
Ambassador: Air New Zealand
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wellington NZ
Programs: NZ Gold, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 1,303
I received the email.

I will try and engage with the new Loyalty Manager as FT Ambassador for NZ.
WLG Base is offline  
Old Feb 13, 19, 10:26 pm
  #19  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Zealand (most of the time)
Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Posts: 4,909
Originally Posted by samjnz View Post

By far my biggest rant was about lounges though -- it's more peaceful in the terminal at times
Can't disagree with that. My last two flights have involved a late Friday afternoon at WLG where the place literally was a completely chokka noisy bar and then coming back from ORD on Tuesday walking into AKL domestic Koru was like walking into a zoo. The terminal was quiet in comparison to the lounge where there were pretty much no spare seats anywhere and huge numbers of people just standing around.

The problem is I don't know what NZ can do about the Koru issue. Doubling the size of lounges isn't really possible!
sbiddle is offline  
Old Feb 13, 19, 10:28 pm
  #20  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Posts: 1,255
Originally Posted by sbiddle View Post
Can't disagree with that. My last two flights have involved a late Friday afternoon at WLG where the place literally was a completely chokka noisy bar and then coming back from ORD on Tuesday walking into AKL domestic Koru was like walking into a zoo. The terminal was quiet in comparison to the lounge where there were pretty much no spare seats anywhere and huge numbers of people just standing around.

The problem is I don't know what NZ can do about the Koru issue. Doubling the size of lounges isn't really possible!
I guess increase price of koru membership could be an option?
oranjemakker is offline  
Old Feb 13, 19, 10:36 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,418
Just received an email in the last few minutes as a Gold.
nzkarit is offline  
Old Feb 14, 19, 1:11 am
  #22  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Programs: Air NZ*GE
Posts: 147
Same, received dead on 9pm this eve, Elite. here we go!
hodi is offline  
Old Feb 14, 19, 1:28 am
  #23  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 303
It didnít take me as long as I anticipated. However not well designed in that when you answered that you hadnít used some benefits it might lead them to think you didnít value them when in fact you might plan to use them in the future.
drajknox is offline  
Old Feb 14, 19, 3:09 am
  #24  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: New Zealand (when I'm home!)
Programs: Air NZ Elite
Posts: 819
They offered me the "opportunity" to give a survey.

And I figured I the opportunity to spend my time doing anything else was better.

Domestically can't talk. Internationally I would rather fly them, to USA than Qantas ANY day, and Virgin Competes with them for me money, literally. Usually air nz edges, it due to flight times but sometimes to make earlier connections I need to fly with virgin. That's pretty much it from this long haul traveler.
kiwifrequentflyer is offline  
Old Feb 14, 19, 3:55 am
  #25  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: bne
Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,073
Originally Posted by oranjemakker View Post
I guess increase price of koru membership could be an option?
do that at the same time as removing credit card passes and removing credit card SP and SP only on Airnz tickets.
that would free up the lounges :-)
Beano is offline  
Old Feb 14, 19, 4:28 am
  #26  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 585
Be careful what you wish for.

The last time, some of you complained it wasn't fair how your last minute corporate paid fare earned the same as discount fares. We ended up with a broken complicated roulette style airpoints program.

In the era where NZ is going through tougher times, any new change can only be more restrictive. Some of you are already struggling to make status.

Call me skeptical. NZ will make very selective changes that will benefit the bottom line further, not necessarily in the favour of frequent flyer or loyalty.

The timing of this survey is bad when the airline signals changes ahead in response to financial outlook.
kiwifrequentflyer likes this.
poopbunny is offline  
Old Feb 14, 19, 10:22 am
  #27  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 303
Originally Posted by poopbunny View Post
Be careful what you wish for.

The last time, some of you complained it wasn't fair how your last minute corporate paid fare earned the same as discount fares. We ended up with a broken complicated roulette style airpoints program.

In the era where NZ is going through tougher times, any new change can only be more restrictive. Some of you are already struggling to make status.

Call me skeptical. NZ will make very selective changes that will benefit the bottom line further, not necessarily in the favour of frequent flyer or loyalty.

The timing of this survey is bad when the airline signals changes ahead in response to financial outlook.
possibly sage words
drajknox is offline  
Old Feb 14, 19, 11:19 am
  #28  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Zealand (most of the time)
Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Posts: 4,909
Originally Posted by oranjemakker View Post
I guess increase price of koru membership could be an option?
Maybe.. But the number of Gold members has exploded in recent years. If NZ give better earn like so many people want then that situation will only get worse, not better.
sbiddle is offline  
Old Feb 14, 19, 12:05 pm
  #29  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: TRG
Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Posts: 989
Originally Posted by sbiddle View Post
Maybe.. But the number of Gold members has exploded in recent years. If NZ give better earn like so many people want then that situation will only get worse, not better.
Yes.
Arguably status is too easy to earn. Especially Elite. Make Elite a status that is genuinely hard to achieve and earned by bums on seats. Remove status earning from credit card earn.
Earn and burn of redeemable points / dollars is very poor which could be improved.
WLGNZ is offline  
Old Feb 14, 19, 12:24 pm
  #30  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: TRG
Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Posts: 989
And I received a second invite to participate today although I already completed the survey yesterday.
WLGNZ is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: