Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Change FF programme on booking after check-in

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)

Does anyone know if it's possible to change FF programme for credits after check-in? I wouldn't be asking staff to do it; I'd be accessing my PNR direct online
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I tried twice 2 weeks ago using the app once in the lounge and failed. Wanted to change accrual from TG to NZ.

Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:19 pm

Programs: NZ E
Pretty sure I have done it before in the lounge - used Gold status on one FF programme to get priority seating, lounge access etc, then once in the lounge had the agent change FF to the programme that I need to accrue my points on.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by honie99
Pretty sure I have done it before in the lounge - used Gold status on one FF programme to get priority seating, lounge access etc, then once in the lounge had the agent change FF to the programme that I need to accrue my points on.
Right but that was an agent change, not one you did online yourself?
Old Feb 2, 2019, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I believe AirNZ staff will do this IF it doesn’t involve Air NZ.

A couple of reports that were along the lines of, for example, have UA*G in booking to get seats lounge etc, and then change once in the lounge to KF to accrue the miles.

However, Air NZ won’t allow entry on, for example, UA*G and then change to NZ Airpoints once in the lounge
Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:12 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I believe AirNZ staff will do this IF it doesn’t involve Air NZ.

A couple of reports that were along the lines of, for example, have UA*G in booking to get seats lounge etc, and then change once in the lounge to KF to accrue the miles.

However, Air NZ won’t allow entry on, for example, UA*G and then change to NZ Airpoints once in the lounge
Apparently OW you can log on and change FFP on Finnair I think, yourself. I haven’t heard of any *A equivalent for this. Have you?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:41 pm

Haven't had success doing this online after check-in - even if the webpage seems to show it was successful, my boarding pass doesn't update.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:29 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ukflyer1
Haven't had success doing this online after check-in - even if the webpage seems to show it was successful, my boarding pass doesn't update.
Airport has control. Check in, Lounge or Gate only can make changes.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
I'd just do it at the gate. The lounge staff may have been instructed not to do this and they'll see it as "double-dipping" even though that's not the case at all - but that's what they've been told. Gate staff won't care, they'll just get the number changed and move on to the next job to get the plane ready and departed.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
I'd just do it at the gate. The lounge staff may have been instructed not to do this and they'll see it as "double-dipping" even though that's not the case at all - but that's what they've been told. Gate staff won't care, they'll just get the number changed and move on to the next job to get the plane ready and departed.
Yep, I concur - skip the lounge, do it at the gate
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
You'll potentially struggle to get this done at the gate as well
Old Feb 7, 2019, 1:01 pm

I wouldn't try doing this at the gate - unless I was early at the gate (before boarding started and staff weren't busy) - as the disruption when actually boarding wouldn't really be fair (in my opinion, I know others will differ). Especially with domestic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.