FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air New Zealand | Air Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points-440/)
-   -   Air NZ Safety Videos (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points/1954091-air-nz-safety-videos.html)

Markhm Feb 1, 2019 12:44 am

Air NZ Safety Videos

Righto, let’s forget APD, SC, RUs and Kiwi safety for a while.

wikipedia reckons Kiwi safety is the 18th video.

It's the 18th of the Air New Zealand's safety videos which started in 2009.[10]

Chocolate fish to the winner who can name them all 😀

brenrox Feb 1, 2019 1:24 am

I remember the good old days when their safety video claimed Air New Zealand's fares had "nothing to hide"...how things have changed!

NZbutterfly Feb 1, 2019 2:39 am

I don't really know the last 2 videos. Does this mean I get 17/18th fish? If anyone gets the last one it's sloppy seconds...

Kiwi safety – Julian Dennison
Worlds coolest – Antarctica
Richard Simmons – Mile high madness
Naked one – Bare essentials
Epic safety hobbits
Men in black
Safety in paradise – swimsuit
Katie Holmes + Cuba gooding – Fantastical journey
Summer of safety – Rachel hunter
Safety Surfing one
All blacks
Betty white – Safety old school style
Unexpected briefing – hobbit
Hollywood - Rhys Darby
Bear grylls – Bear

Rico - puppet
Ed & melanie

Nathan Catton Feb 1, 2019 2:49 am

Most news articles seem to only rank 16 safety videos. I can only think of 16 as well.

cavemanzk Feb 1, 2019 10:07 am

Wasn’t there that’ short lived “the best of” video which they mashed an few versions together?

Hate to think what they have planned next? “Safety with Winston” with the tag line of your not kiwi then keep out?

kiwifrequentflyer Feb 1, 2019 2:03 pm

I predict the next one will be a hit... They will surely learn from this one and be more conservative with the next one. If I was going to put my money on it, it'll be one that's more like the NZ summer video.

cavemanzk Feb 1, 2019 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer (Post 30728881)
I predict the next one will be a hit... They will surely learn from this one and be more conservative with the next one. If I was going to put my money on it, it'll be one that's more like the NZ summer video.

Isn’t this the second time they had too pull an video? The Binki models didn’t last too long once it started getting complaints...

NZbutterfly Feb 1, 2019 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk (Post 30729093)
Isn’t this the second time they had too pull an video? The Binki models didn’t last too long once it started getting complaints...

Don't most videos only last ~ 3 months so it's just due a change up?

I liked the bikini model video. I could appreciate it without going off on a sexist tangent. Whereas the kiwi safety video was just awful on all levels. It wasn't visually appealing, the rap was crap and the underlying head bobbing/banging? beat was something I'd expect at kids level. Anyway, some people confessed to enjoying it but as always, each to their own.

kiwifrequentflyer Feb 1, 2019 4:35 pm

I hated the bikini one and did indeed find it offensive (not so much as to make a big deal out of it, I just didn't appreciate it) as someone who is a somewhat insider to that industry, but it didn't get pulled, it came down at the normal time. That was definitely my least favourite, until this one of course. This one was sort of offensive (yeah... 90s USA culture is hardly "kiwi") but it was just really, really annoying.

To me it was kind of just embarrassing as Air NZ is the first stop for many international guests to NZ. It's their first look at Kiwi culture. And if I was an outsider and saw that, I'd think "wow - this is Kiwi culture? Huh. They're still hung up on kid/teenage culture from the 90s... how weird."

nzlilibet Feb 1, 2019 8:21 pm

Do you think this is a joke? Unfortunately, probably not.

Apparently NZ is looking for a new Safety Video Boss.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/trave...ed-effort.html

This, just after an announcement that the company needs to make cuts to stay competitive. Personally, I would have thought the first place to start saving would be to stop making expensive safety videos, let alone appointing someone new to make more of them. But what would I know?

But maybe they'll start saving by suggesting people provide their own soap and toilet paper on flights.

kiwifrequentflyer Feb 1, 2019 8:52 pm

Um... that was a joke...

A really, really obvious joke too...

Like the only way that you couldn't see it was a joke was because you're looking to hate on the company.

And I think that rather than continue with being so negative we should appreciate that they can laugh at themselves?

nzlilibet Feb 1, 2019 10:14 pm

I'm very pleased indeed that it's a joke - sorry I missed it.

And frankly, I've been flying with NZ for more years than some of you have been alive - although maybe not as frequently. So please don't tell me I'm looking to hate on the company - I've been totally loyal to the airline - perhaps more so than I should have been.

kiwifrequentflyer Feb 2, 2019 12:30 am

Originally Posted by nzlilibet (Post 30730109)
I'm very pleased indeed that it's a joke - sorry I missed it.

And frankly, I've been flying with NZ for more years than some of you have been alive - although maybe not as frequently. So please don't tell me I'm looking to hate on the company - I've been totally loyal to the airline - perhaps more so than I should have been.

Fair enough - I'm sorry :)

cavemanzk Feb 2, 2019 12:33 am

What happend to these days this was the 744 from 1998....

nancypants Feb 2, 2019 1:24 am

Originally Posted by cavemanzk (Post 30730285)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2wT8SoGyKc

What happend to these days this was the 744 from 1998....

SO much better!