Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air NZ Safety Videos

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2wT8SoGyKc

What happend to these days this was the 744 from 1998....
That is amazing. Clear instructions and using the plane means shows the features in the correct context.
Trumpkin and nancypants like this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:41 am

Programs: QF WP
Maybe it’s time for a retro safety video...
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand airpoints since 1992, currently *Silver, Koru Club
Thanks for posting that, cavemanzk

I really enjoyed watching that again - it brought back memories. And it was really good - informative, calming and all about that important subject - SAFETY.

But can anyone remember what used to happen even earlier? When an audio was played - starting "Ladies and Gentlemen - have you seen this?". And the cabin staff used to wave around the safety card from the seat pocket and then march up and down the cabin pointing out the various signs. We actually offered to help the staff do this old safety briefing not so many years back when the safety video on the plane broke down completely. It was quite funny.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:30 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Staff have to do manual demonstrations of the 1st of every month so should never be rusty .
Old Feb 3, 2019, 9:57 am

I didn't care for Kiwi Safety and I overheard complaints about it from another passenger. For the length more than anything.

I'm hoping perhaps the "Unruly Family" will do the next one?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: NZ *G
Arrrgg had to watch Kiwi Safety one more time on NZ 7 yesterday, which obviously hadn't been swapped out. Seeing Summer of Safety on the connecting domestic leg this morning was such a calm, pleasant beginning to the flight by comparison.

Honestly I don't think the hip hop or millennial focus of Kiwi Safety was it's downfall; simply the fact that it was an incredibly annoying and confusing way to start a flight.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:01 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
As mentioned above the safety video has only ended it's 3 month run on domestic services.

It stays on international until the end of the month because it hasn't been "dumped" as the media would have you believe.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:49 pm

Programs: NZ *G
Originally Posted by sbiddle
As mentioned above the safety video has only ended it's 3 month run on domestic services.

It stays on international until the end of the month because it hasn't been "dumped" as the media would have you believe.
Noooooooooo
Hubbabridge likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.