Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

When does the check in deck open in IAH for flights to Auckland

When does the check in deck open in IAH for flights to Auckland

Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by kyanar
Except that United's own web page says what matters is the marketing carrier, not operating carrier. Hence why real-world experience would be useful here - I don't think it's common for NZ to be selling UA's own flights cheaper than UA, so this probably hasn't come up before.
You’re way overthinking this.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30760982-post341.html
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
Originally Posted by MCIUnitedGuy
Not really, I don't think it's "way overthinking" when the information provided by the airline conflicts and I'm curious whether it's the airline that's wrong about their own policies or the FT posters.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: Miles&more, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by kyanar
Not really, I don't think it's "way overthinking" when the information provided by the airline conflicts and I'm curious whether it's the airline that's wrong about their own policies or the FT posters.
ticket stock does not indicate marketing carrier.
LH 9990 operated by UA 1001 is LH marketing carrier regardless of ticket stock. On a similar occasion I have gained entry with a LH coded UA operated flight on LH stock. All they cared was the operating carrier.
samyoull likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
So does anyone know if we can check in online? I think T5 to T1 would be useless with only three hours prior otherwise.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by chitink
So does anyone know if we can check in online? I think T5 to T1 would be useless with only three hours prior otherwise.
Yes NZ have online check-in
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: Miles&more, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Yes NZ have online check-in
note that New Zealand requires airline to sight return ticket of all pax who are not AU/NZ citizens. If your ticket does not have a subsequent flight departing NZ on the same PNR you won’t be able to check in online unless you are travelling on a AU or NZ passport.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 5:13 pm

Today January 2020 flight departs 7.55 pm check in opens 4.20 pm

For air nz
we spent a few hours between flights at the Marriott bar at the airport. US$36 for 2 glasses of 9oz wine but best place pre security to spend time until we could check in .
free wifi as the rest of IAH has and clean restrooms .
after checkin we got the sky train to terminal c from terminal d where the food choices were better.
C1 to c15 gates are modern. Unsure about the other side of terminal c

Last edited by Ben2895; Jan 7, 2020 at 5:19 pm
Old Sep 10, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: VA Silver, NZ Gold
In 2022 what time is the check-in counter opening for NZ29 departing at 9:55PM

Long layover at IAH on a United ticket. Apparently they don’t issue boarding passes for the partner airlines… NZ did the same with the UA flights. Is this new? What’s the point of Star Alliance?

Anyways, have to wait for check-in to open and their operating hours are found nowhere. Call center is backed up as usual. So I turn to the FT brains trust.

Thank you.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by johnnyfive
Long layover at IAH on a United ticket. Apparently they don’t issue boarding passes for the partner airlines… NZ did the same with the UA flights. Is this new? What’s the point of Star Alliance?

Anyways, have to wait for check-in to open and their operating hours are found nowhere. Call center is backed up as usual. So I turn to the FT brains trust.

Thank you.
I was in the reverse situation - an NZ ticket with a UA sector IAD-LAX, then NZ LAX-AKL. I had a 8 hours transit at LAX.

As a TG*G I used the premium check in counter as I wanted to accrue to NZ, but have my TG*G status also entered for lounge access (NZ forbids this these days).

But in any case, my BPs were issued for both sectors with no drama at all. So, sounds like a UA issue?
Old Sep 11, 2022, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by johnnyfive

Thank you.
UA will happily issue you a BP for your connecting NZ flight if all on the same ticket. That UA-issued BP will get you through TSA and into lounges (assume eligible). But for boarding the actual flight at the gate, you will need to get an NZ-issued BP which can be done at the podium. They are super strict about that as they need to sight return tickets (or NZ/AU passports) as many of the previous posters mentioned. Most of the partner airline agents don't bother/know to check.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 4:04 am

Programs: NZ*GE
So which lounge at IAH?

I am about to book LHR-IAH-AKL in PE for a couple of weeks time. There is a 2hr transit coming off the BA flight and I will have to recheck my bags.
I would like to have a shower so can any one tell me which lounges have showers and if my upgrade clears into business for my AirNZ sector then I presume I can use the Polaris lounge? but it seems to be in a different terminal.
The AirNZ website says AirNZ depart terminal D and Polaris is in E.
Are they far apart?
I’ve tried searching but find FlyerTalk search function not v easy
If I can’t use Polaris which lounge is best in terminal D?
Thanks
Old Oct 1, 2023, 7:20 am

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Two hours can be a tight connect in IAH.
If BA is on time. I am 100% this year with BA delays creating a mis-connect every time via the USA.
Passport control at IAH can take time. Then wait for bags, recheck these, and go back through TSA screening. I suggest your flight may be close to boarding by the time you complete this.
If you are flying business you can use Polaris. It is not too far across to the other side from where Air NZ departs.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 7:32 am

Programs: NZ
It was pre Covid and before flights into JFK, when I used the Polaris Lounge in IAH, but it was quite walkable from the lounge to where the AirNZ flight departed I just followed the signs. I enjoyed the lounge and there are showers!! Hope your upgrade clears!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.