Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AKL 1 hour Int'l to Int'l transit.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by samyoull
Exactly - and the NZ version is far nicer than what I've experienced at LHR/FRA/MUC. There's loads of threads on that elsewhere on FT though.
I've found LHR/FRA/MUC to mostly be indifferent, CDG is always odd and deeply suspicious about my presence in France (when I was working for a French company...). But it also seems to vary based on airline and contractor. For instance, non-US airlines didn't seem to previously do this questioning...and from a BA LHR-SJC flight in November, they did not question me in LHR at all. I also don't recall ever being questioned by UA/NH in NRT.
Melia likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
The questioning in some ways isn't really about the questions (or arguably even the answers) - it's about engaging in a conversation with people and assessing behaviour, whether they're nervous or whether they're vague about answers or give different answers to the very same question if it's asked twice.

I know I've mentioned it on here before but my issue I've had so far has been the casual attitude taken by the screening staff who IMHO in my encounters seemed to really lack the skills required for such questioning. Maybe they need to get some Israeli airport security screeners to help train them!
Melia and kiwifrequentflyer like this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
Originally Posted by ajnz
I've found LHR/FRA/MUC to mostly be indifferent, CDG is always odd and deeply suspicious about my presence in France (when I was working for a French company...). But it also seems to vary based on airline and contractor. For instance, non-US airlines didn't seem to previously do this questioning...and from a BA LHR-SJC flight in November, they did not question me in LHR at all. I also don't recall ever being questioned by UA/NH in NRT.
I don't think I've ever been questioned by BA in LHR, but VS was quite thorough.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

I’m just annoyed that I can’t have a hot shower before the red eye due to this interview
😂
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:42 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
Originally Posted by Melia
maybe by the time we travel they will realise it’s all abit silly and time consuming and abolish it
Not going to happen. Research has shown that the TSA misses about 80% of all potential threats to aviation security, and yet the US government still refuses to abolish it despite being the very definition of time consuming.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Originally Posted by Melia
I’m just annoyed that I can’t have a hot shower before the red eye due to this interview
😂
I don't think you would have been having a shower, interview or not! It's a one hour transit time!
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
I don't think you would have been having a shower, interview or not! It's a one hour transit time!
hahahah a friend of mine said he did it
he was literally in the lounge for 10 min and went on to catch his SFO flight but this was 3 years ago

But I know wishful thinking

Last edited by Melia; Jan 23, 2019 at 1:16 am
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kyanar
Not going to happen. Research has shown that the TSA misses about 80% of all potential threats to aviation security, and yet the US government still refuses to abolish it despite being the very definition of time consuming.
Interesting, they really need to come up with something better

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.