FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air New Zealand | Air Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points-440/)
-   -   777-300 row 37 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points/1950594-777-300-row-37-a.html)

Chicken dinner Jan 12, 2019 12:42 am

777-300 row 37

Hi, I have booked row 37a, b and c on NZ1. According to the generic seat map on Air NZ’s website this is a skycouch row on this plane. On the seatmap for the particular flight however it isn’t and when I try to select skycouch it makes me pick from other rows.

My question is whether these seats have the foot rests that a sky couch has and if so whether we can fully raise them without paying the extra for the skycouch (I have 2 young children and the foot rest would be useful for them)?

Also, assuming this row does have the footrests is there any way to pay to get mattress and belts for this row and does this add much to comfort over just having the footrest?

thanks

sbiddle Jan 12, 2019 1:15 am

You can use the footrest. You can not get the mattress nor belt kit without paying for a Skycouch and will not be able to sleep flat without the belt kit.

Chicken dinner Jan 12, 2019 1:23 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle (Post 30644389)
You can use the footrest. You can not get the mattress nor belt kit without paying for a Skycouch and will not be able to sleep flat without the belt kit.

Thanks Sbiddle. So that row definitely has the footrests? Is there any way to pay for belts and mattress without being moved (website requires me to move to 40 I think as did phone person if I want to upgrade)? I also have seat 36c which I paid for due to extra legroom and would like to stay as close together as possible.

sbiddle Jan 12, 2019 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Chicken dinner (Post 30644397)

Thanks Sbiddle. So that row definitely has the footrests? Is there any way to pay for belts and mattress without being moved (website requires me to move to 40 I think as did phone person if I want to upgrade)? I also have seat 36c which I paid for due to extra legroom and would like to stay as close together as possible.

The entire cabin has the same seats in ABC/HJK seats but only some rows of seats are sold as Skycouch seats.

As explained the mattress and belt kit are the Skycouch product, and you can't get these unless you sit in officially allocated Skycouch seats and have purchased a Skycouch.

Air NZ crew used to hand out belt kits if were located in non Skycouch rows amd asked nicely as CAA regulations do not permit sleeping on the seat using a standard seatbelt. They will no longer do this and you will not now be able to get the belt kit unless you have paid for the Skycouch. You will be required to sit upright should the seatbelt sign come on.

Probably a bit late now but 36C is a bit of a mixed seat as well - the fact you're literally sitting in the aisle with nobody in front means the seat gets bumped by people and crew walking past.

windrider Jan 12, 2019 6:57 pm

I read on another forum on skycoach here that the rows 36 are regular economy seats and when they are fully reclined, the space on skycouch becomes limited.
If you book the 3 seats in the same row, upgrade to skycouch is $200 more. Im doing skycouch on my NZ2 with my family.