Longhaul seat select price changes

Old Aug 31, 2019, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ *E
Longhaul seat select price changes

A friend who works at Air NZ said the complimentary seat select on longhaul flights is going, changing to $10. Will be free for frequent flyers, koru club, flexi ticket holders + people who have already payed seat select on a domestic connecting flight. Not sure of date and I couldn't see anything on AirNZ website yet. I guess if your not a frequent flyer and you haven't made your seat selection on a future booking yet - do it before it changes!
Old Sep 1, 2019, 5:57 pm

It will be $19 and applies for those ticketed in K to Q class on long haul flights. Usual waivers for HVC etc.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
Frequent flier - is that gold and above or silver and above?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 12:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ *E
Originally Posted by Trumpkin
Frequent flier - is that gold and above or silver and above?
its koru, silver & above, like on seats to suit + domestic flights. For non frequent flyers who have a domestic connection, if you pay for seat select on the long haul flight you will get the domestic seat select included so they are not double dipping.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 6:15 pm
Original Member

I have booked on NZ99 for this Wednesday, business with two friends. Just checked and all seats that were selected over a year ago have been voided. Message is they will allocate seats on check in!! No charge ! Big deal!
What is happening with Air NZ?? They charge you heaps and give you nothing. Take the whole seat select option off the website if they want to be the control of it all. As for charging economy passengers to change seats, just greedy!

Is it too hopeful to think that with the CEO changes, that someone with more empathy comes into the seat. No wonder customer satisfaction is declining.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 6:43 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite, Krisflyer Gold, Qantas Gold
Could be a change of aircraft type.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Possible code1 to code2 aircraft change. There are huge changes over the next few weeks with the RWC incl upguages to 2x daily 777 flights.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 11:36 pm

Seat select question.

There are two seats left in PE on my flight tomorrow, one being a paid extra legroom, I know PE is completely sold out so one of us will have to get that seat. At what point might I be able to select that seat without paying? Or will I have to wait until check in and test my luck.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by mccma
Seat select question.

There are two seats left in PE on my flight tomorrow, one being a paid extra legroom, I know PE is completely sold out so one of us will have to get that seat. At what point might I be able to select that seat without paying? Or will I have to wait until check in and test my luck.
Seat will be allocated for those who haven't selected one, normally at T-24 at the latest.

For HVCs all paid seating becomes free at T-48 to select.

Last edited by sbiddle; Sep 14, 2019 at 12:52 am
Old Sep 14, 2019, 8:58 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints
Originally Posted by greer
As for charging economy passengers to change seats, just greedy!
Is that a thing now? I thought it was an technical error and was going to hit them up about it. Have 4 domestic flights that I have selected and each are coming up at $5 to change them even though I've already paid.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.