Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Xmas Gift this Year

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2018, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Elite Xmas Gift this Year

Is anyone else thinking this is a thing of the past? Or maybe still to come out closer to Christmas...?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
Is anyone else thinking this is a thing of the past? Or maybe still to come out closer to Christmas...?
My sources tell me that they are giving away 3 koru lounge seat passes. The way this works is when you go to the Auckland domestic Koru lounge on any given Thursday or Friday arvo, they will guarantee you a seat. they will allocate you one of the bar leaners in the far corner, right between the orange jacket showing his builders crack and the large man (or woman) in a tanktop with the hairy armpits on display and wearing jandals.
Ellice, QTFLYER and graham_d like this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Yes, this year's gift is Mark Street leaving.
mad_atta, QTFLYER and dadig like this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: Air NZ *E
I would bet on (1), nothing, as buried under the descending gradient of last year's 'gift', or (2), something equally low-ball as last year....

Keep a close eye out for anything subtly mentioned at the very bottom of an Airpoints update this month....
Old Dec 9, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
What sort of gifts would they give in the past? As a newly minted elite I had no idea this was even a feature. They don't talk about it online so I have no hopes of getting anything.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 6:40 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
What sort of gifts would they give in the past? As a newly minted elite I had no idea this was even a feature. They don't talk about it online so I have no hopes of getting anything.
they do not talk about it much nowadays as it was many years ago and most of the elites from this bygone era no longer can fly or have died from old age.
The items were noise cancelling headsets, hamper, wine , glasses , short haul upgrades. Etc
perhaps we should donate some of these to display in the museum "what it was like to be an elite in airnz" :-)
poopbunny and kiwicyclo like this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: Airpoints, Qantas, KrisFlyer, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Yes, this year's gift is Mark Street leaving.
I'm plunking for this year's gift being your own engineer if you happen to be travelling around the 21st
Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints
Not sure if Elite's are getting anything, but this came in the mail for me today
Old Dec 9, 2018, 10:56 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by Nathan Catton
Not sure if Elite's are getting anything, but this came in the mail for me today
I don't know if I should laugh or cry...
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:47 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Tbh if I got that I wouldn't be sad... I wasn't expecting anything!
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
Maybe your elite gift is free wifi! Oh wait.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:53 pm

Thought I may as well ask the question about Christmas gifts for Elite's this year - got the following response on chat:

"Although not a listed benefit of the Airpoints programme, Air New Zealand has given Elite members a gift at Christmas time. The gift has been met with mixed feedback.
This year, we have moved the focus away from an Elite Christmas gift and instead look to increase investment in travel products and services to improve the customer experience instead"
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
Nathan Cattan's must be the EP1 gift then
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:03 pm

Programs: Air GE, Emirates Gold
Please tell us you replied and asked to be more specific
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:08 pm

Programs: Airpointes
Originally Posted by yourethegoose
Thought I may as well ask the question about Christmas gifts for Elite's this year - got the following response on chat:

"Although not a listed benefit of the Airpoints programme, Air New Zealand has given Elite members a gift at Christmas time. The gift has been met with mixed feedback.
This year, we have moved the focus away from an Elite Christmas gift and instead look to increase investment in travel products and services to improve the customer experience instead"
WUT!!!! Improving the customer experience by now having a policy NOT to hand out lap belts on sky couch seats when they were previously given out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.