Premium lane Auckland airport

Reply

Old Nov 28, 18, 1:51 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NZ
Programs: NZ*E, QF-WP
Posts: 237
Premium lane Auckland airport

I havenít seen it mentioned here, but priority customs and security screening are back at AIA.
Not huge lines tonight but express definitely faster.
bce1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 18, 3:23 am
  #2  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 688
Originally Posted by bce1 View Post
I havenít seen it mentioned here, but priority customs and security screening are back at AIA.
Not huge lines tonight but express definitely faster.
Assume still via the lift?
nzkarit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 18, 3:45 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PPQ
Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Posts: 6,727
Hmmmm. Was it bad of me that one time that I used that lift when flying in biz in THAI?!

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Nov 28, 18 at 11:01 am
Thai-Kiwi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 18, 4:12 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NZ
Programs: NZ*E, QF-WP
Posts: 237
Yes, still via the lift, and seperate path to customs.
bce1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 18, 12:15 pm
  #5  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 688
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi View Post
Hmmmm. Was it bad of me that one time that I used that lift when flying in biz in THAI?!
I always get asked by the greeter to see my BP (checked in in Wgtn) the times i have been through.
nzkarit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 18, 1:04 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PPQ
Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Posts: 6,727
Greeter and staff were occupied assisting others

I was just curious to see how a biz pax on TG would have been dealt with, and was prepared to be politely re-directed. There was no difference in processing time as it happened the 'normal' lines were light.
Thai-Kiwi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 18, 12:41 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Silver (VA), Lifetime Gold (MR)
Posts: 1,079
I flew SQ business class out of Auckland a couple of weeks ago. There's also a priority lane if you depart via the common entrance on level one but you keep going straight ahead rather than turning left. A flunkey checks the BP and directs you to the priority lane
RTWFF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 18, 1:23 am
  #8  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New Zealand
Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum, VA Gold
Posts: 1,431
I knew they'd separated the corridors you walk down and saw some smart gates being built for express lanes. Good to know they've added express security screening.
NZbutterfly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 18, 3:02 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Christchurch, NZ
Programs: NZ *E, Accor Platinum, Hertz President’s Circle
Posts: 530
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly View Post
I knew they'd separated the corridors you walk down and saw some smart gates being built for express lanes. Good to know they've added express security screening.
I flew on Monday, not express security per se, but an opportunity to get to the xray with other pax who have no idea on liquids, laptops, gels...far out, itís not hard!
Markhm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 18, 4:16 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Programs: NZ *G
Posts: 30
Is the new express lane available to *G pax travelling in Y?
sopwith7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 18, 3:22 pm
  #11  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New Zealand
Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum, VA Gold
Posts: 1,431
Originally Posted by Markhm View Post


I flew on Monday, not express security per se, but an opportunity to get to the xray with other pax who have no idea on liquids, laptops, gels...far out, itís not hard!
Buggar.

Maybe they need a staff member to walk the line to make sure people are actually prepared with laptops out etc, and if they need a 'tray' they could give them one of those shopping baskets or the ones with wheels if needed so at least they arrive at screening prepared. I think it was Bali where they played a video for people telling them to get prepared which I thought was good - until I realised nobody was actually paying attention. Signs don't appear to work either.
NZbutterfly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 18, 3:44 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Christchurch, NZ
Programs: NZ *E, Accor Platinum, Hertz President’s Circle
Posts: 530
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly View Post
Buggar.

Maybe they need a staff member to walk the line to make sure people are actually prepared with laptops out etc, and if they need a 'tray' they could give them one of those shopping baskets or the ones with wheels if needed so at least they arrive at screening prepared. I think it was Bali where they played a video for people telling them to get prepared which I thought was good - until I realised nobody was actually paying attention. Signs don't appear to work either.
Taser!
Markhm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 18, 4:15 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Zealand (most of the time)
Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Posts: 3,900
The problem with screening is that it's so different in so many places. It's seriously no wonder that many infrequent travellers get confused.

Out of my last 4-5 trips back from LAX I've had a least 2 or 3 where people have been specifically told not to remove LAGs or anything else from bags.
sbiddle is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 18, 6:23 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Christchurch, NZ
Programs: NZ *E, Accor Platinum, Hertz President’s Circle
Posts: 530
I sort of agree, but messing around emptying pockets, phones, coins etc is inexcusable. Ditto for toiletry plastic bag. Wait in a queue for 15 minutes...then decide to get organised at the trays.
SeaProf likes this.
Markhm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 18, 6:42 pm
  #15  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 688
The new 3D xrays look interesting as apparently with those you don't need to take anything out. I have my laptop is the laptop pocket and my LAGs in a bag pack at the top for easy access. Wish more people would do that.

Though recently when travelling domestically AvSec have become more interesting in my cable bag. Have a packing cell which has my laptop charger, a few USB Cables, a few 3-5m network cables, a handful of USB Ethernet adapters,, a handful of USB Wi-Fi adapters, a mouse, etc in it.
nzkarit is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: