Wiki Posts
Search

Premium lane Auckland airport

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
Premium lane Auckland airport

I haven’t seen it mentioned here, but priority customs and security screening are back at AIA.
Not huge lines tonight but express definitely faster.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by bce1
I haven’t seen it mentioned here, but priority customs and security screening are back at AIA.
Not huge lines tonight but express definitely faster.
Assume still via the lift?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Hmmmm. Was it bad of me that one time that I used that lift when flying in biz in THAI?!

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Nov 28, 2018 at 10:01 am
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
Yes, still via the lift, and seperate path to customs.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Hmmmm. Was it bad of me that one time that I used that lift when flying in biz in THAI?!
I always get asked by the greeter to see my BP (checked in in Wgtn) the times i have been through.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Greeter and staff were occupied assisting others

I was just curious to see how a biz pax on TG would have been dealt with, and was prepared to be politely re-directed. There was no difference in processing time as it happened the 'normal' lines were light.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:41 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
I flew SQ business class out of Auckland a couple of weeks ago. There's also a priority lane if you depart via the common entrance on level one but you keep going straight ahead rather than turning left. A flunkey checks the BP and directs you to the priority lane
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:23 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
I knew they'd separated the corridors you walk down and saw some smart gates being built for express lanes. Good to know they've added express security screening.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:02 am

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
I knew they'd separated the corridors you walk down and saw some smart gates being built for express lanes. Good to know they've added express security screening.
I flew on Monday, not express security per se, but an opportunity to get to the xray with other pax who have no idea on liquids, laptops, gels...far out, it’s not hard!
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:16 am

Programs: NZ *G
Is the new express lane available to *G pax travelling in Y?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by Markhm

I flew on Monday, not express security per se, but an opportunity to get to the xray with other pax who have no idea on liquids, laptops, gels...far out, it’s not hard!
Buggar.

Maybe they need a staff member to walk the line to make sure people are actually prepared with laptops out etc, and if they need a 'tray' they could give them one of those shopping baskets or the ones with wheels if needed so at least they arrive at screening prepared. I think it was Bali where they played a video for people telling them to get prepared which I thought was good - until I realised nobody was actually paying attention. Signs don't appear to work either.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
Buggar.

Maybe they need a staff member to walk the line to make sure people are actually prepared with laptops out etc, and if they need a 'tray' they could give them one of those shopping baskets or the ones with wheels if needed so at least they arrive at screening prepared. I think it was Bali where they played a video for people telling them to get prepared which I thought was good - until I realised nobody was actually paying attention. Signs don't appear to work either.
Taser!
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
The problem with screening is that it's so different in so many places. It's seriously no wonder that many infrequent travellers get confused.

Out of my last 4-5 trips back from LAX I've had a least 2 or 3 where people have been specifically told not to remove LAGs or anything else from bags.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:23 pm

I sort of agree, but messing around emptying pockets, phones, coins etc is inexcusable. Ditto for toiletry plastic bag. Wait in a queue for 15 minutes...then decide to get organised at the trays.
SeaProf likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:42 pm

The new 3D xrays look interesting as apparently with those you don't need to take anything out. I have my laptop is the laptop pocket and my LAGs in a bag pack at the top for easy access. Wish more people would do that.

Though recently when travelling domestically AvSec have become more interesting in my cable bag. Have a packing cell which has my laptop charger, a few USB Cables, a few 3-5m network cables, a handful of USB Ethernet adapters,, a handful of USB Wi-Fi adapters, a mouse, etc in it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.