Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Air New Zealand 777-300ER hit by another plane at Los Angeles airport

Air New Zealand 777-300ER hit by another plane at Los Angeles airport

Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:03 pm

Should buff right out ...
Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:43 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
I'm just shaking my head. I'm in favour of some kind of sensor or something preventative! All I can think of is 'million dollar aircraft'.

Where would you look for the outcome of this incident? I didn't see anything on avherald.com
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:12 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
I'm just shaking my head. I'm in favour of some kind of sensor or something preventative! All I can think of is 'million dollar aircraft'.

Where would you look for the outcome of this incident? I didn't see anything on avherald.com
I would have thought a local (avgeek?) would post something on one of the sub-forums of https://www.airliners.net
NZbutterfly likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by NZbutterfly

You'd need a "sensor" on at least every extremity (and more) of every plane, and then where would the sensors report to? Given the tight spaces at some airports what do you set the proximity range to? Can the ground crew towing the plane react fast enough if on a collision course?

As mentioned there are a huge amount of aircraft ground movements every day and there are only a tiny number of collisions. Not really feasible and not going to happen.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by ps107
I just read Qantas ground crew damaged a KC-135 at Sydney yesterday. That's got to be a little bit embarrassing.

https://www.defensenews.com/training...ining-mission/
Similar thing happened to an RNZAF aircraft a few years ago but it wasn't on a public airfield....
Old Dec 8, 2018, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by b1m9t0
Similar thing happened to an RNZAF aircraft a few years ago but it wasn't on a public airfield....
Any more info? types involved?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 12:37 am

Has anyone heard what the other air craft was?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
per upthread possibly WOW A330, but not confirmed

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.