Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New safety video Nov 2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
For those who are interested in the briefing requirement Civil Aviation Rules, Part 91, Section 211 refers: https://www.caa.govt.nz/assets/legac...solidation.pdf
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
For those who are interested in the briefing requirement Civil Aviation Rules, Part 91, Section 211 refers: https://www.caa.govt.nz/assets/legac...solidation.pdf
Nice one.

91.211, Page 44/45:
(i)the location of survival and emergency equipment for passenger use; and
(ii)the use of flotation equipment required under 91.525 for a flight over water; and
(iii)the normal and emergency use of oxygen equipment installed in the aircraft for passenger use; and
(5)procedures in the case of an emergency landing;

(bolding mine)

Well I guess they fulfilled the requirements.
I know, after watching the video, that oxygen magically appears and I am supposed twerk in case of an emergency.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I still don't understand where their 20 million views are from....
Said Air New Zealand global brand and content marketing manager, Jodi Williams: "This video is a big hit in China, from where we had 1000000 watching. We are so pleased with those 10 million views."

(I bet this went something like that.)
Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:11 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by narvik
Said Air New Zealand global brand and content marketing manager, Jodi Williams: "This video is a big hit in China, from where we had 1000000 watching. We are so pleased with those 10 million views."

I flew down from PVG last night. The Chinese I could see in J were more focused on their smartphones than the safety briefing. The Chinese subtitles appeared to be in a relatively small font.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by WLG Base
I flew down from PVG last night. The Chinese I could see in J were more focused on their smartphones than the safety briefing. The Chinese subtitles appeared to be in a relatively small font.
My conclusion, then, is that those folks you observed were amongst the 20 million that have already viewed the video, or perhaps were watching it on YouTube on their phones......!
narvik likes this.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Nov 25, 2018 at 9:10 pm
Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:26 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by poopbunny
Agree. Surfing one was my favourite. I never got tired of that.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=11701941
I wonder if CAA has the bite to compel AirNZ to do anything.

Kiwi Safety rap by comparison is like watching a clown foreign film with subtitles using nails on chalkboard as background music.

The delusion continues.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/...ewers-in-china

Air New Zealand global brand and content marketing manager, Jodi Williams, said the airline has received "terrific feedback from people right across the world".
Doesn't mean it's positive! Might also be the second definition...

narvik and poopbunny like this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:49 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
Originally Posted by oranjemakker
Hi Eltham, see you'e back with your happy face on....
Thanks for the welcome! 😀 just for you.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:52 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
Originally Posted by oranjemakker
Great call, used your template and just sent! thank you
I’m sure you learnt from my post and omitted the last two paras, which completely undermine the rest of the message 👍
Old Nov 26, 2018, 1:14 am

Programs: AirNZ G*, AirAsia Black
Agree, absolute trash.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Shane Jones is not a fan either: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12167145
Old Nov 26, 2018, 9:14 pm

I recently flew 3 J-legs with NZ. The first one NAN-AKL the video were texted in English. On the other 2 flights AKL-PPT return, it was in French outbound AKL and no text inbound AKL.

if I understood? In generel the sound is bad when announcements are made regardless of language so I didn't really listened.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:15 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
My noise cancelling headphones are charged now! Can't hear a thing, while I'm writing this.

I highly recommend this strategy. Its not like there is any useful safety advice you're missing
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy
Damn - I’m going to have to reappraise it now. Maybe it’s not that bad after all.
jeffrocowboy likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy
The Stuff comments are worth a read. Unanimous in their agreement with most of the sentiments shared here !
jeffrocowboy likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by narvik

This is the exact definition of fake news. The 10 million figure comes from their Chinese partner iQiyi. We all know sometimes even box office figures in China are fake and often can be bought. I don't consider iQiyi a reliable source at all. They can say whatever figure they like. Who's going to check anyway.

Last edited by Xiaotung; Nov 27, 2018 at 5:38 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.