Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New safety video Nov 2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Both crew and passengers did not like the video on my HKG-AKL flight that landed this am.
ps107 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
I just checked it out and WOW... look at that dislike to like ratio!
You tube approval rating based on likes / total vote cast

98% - Unexpected Briefing (Hobbit/Weta Digital)
97% - Summer of Safety (Rachel Hunter)
97% - The Most Epic (Hobbit)
95% - World's Coolest (Adrian Grenier/Antartica)
94% - Bear Essentials (Bear Gryllis)
93% - Safety Old School (Betty White)
93% - Bare Essentials (Body Paint)
92% - Safety in Hollywood (Rhys Darby/Anna Faris)
92% - Safety in Paradise (Sports Illustrated models)
87% - Mile High Madness (Richard Simmons)
74% - Ed and Melanie's Safety Sketch (Ed O'Neill/Melanie Lynskey)
.. MIB will fit in here somewhere
54% - It's Kiwi Safety (latest rap)
henrus likes this.

Last edited by poopbunny; Jan 1, 2019 at 7:35 am
Old Nov 9, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: NZ Koru

Source: newhub
World's shortest commercial flight takes less time than watching Air NZ's 'It's Kiwi Safety' video

For once it looks like the Media has got something right....
Fliar likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by poopbunny
You tube approval rating based on likes / total vote cast

66% - It's Kiwi Safety (latest rap)
That's about 3 times higher than I expected
Old Nov 9, 2018, 11:14 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
It's interesting to see Air NZ claimed 6 million views by Wednesday in their press release telling us all how popular it was.. yet YouTube only shows 1.7mil and Facebook 624k views as of now.

I wonder where the other million of views came from?
Old Nov 10, 2018, 12:37 am

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by sbiddle
It's interesting to see Air NZ claimed 6 million views by Wednesday in their press release telling us all how popular it was.. yet YouTube only shows 1.7mil and Facebook 624k views as of now.

I wonder where the other million of views came from?
The cynic in me would say those forced to watch it on their aircraft, but that wouldn’t put much of a dent in the difference you have described.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
That's about 3 times higher than I expected
I was expecting the same.

Best interpreted exponentially, based on how close the other scores are.

Found a youtube comment from an ex FA.
"And all those pax complaining about having to listen to it you get no sympathy from me. Think of the crew who have to listen to it up to 6 times each day!! "

My favorite was the Surfing (now removed / Young Folks music was the star) and Bear Grylls. I never got tired of those.
I was sort of surprised Coolest (Antartica) scored better than Bear Grylls, I bet Keane's 'Somewhere Only We Know' helped too.
Those had calm soothing music.
The latest rap has the oppostite effect on me, I find it irritating and agitating.

Also annoyed NZ had ditched the old calming turquoise theme coloured cabin interiors for an "All black" theme.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:57 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I only made it through the first 30 seconds. Then I realised that I'll be seeing it onboard all too soon so why would I voluntarily subject myself to it now.

A total cringefest, and I agree it's the worst yet (come back Richard Simmons, all is forgiven!). And am I the only one thinking that Julian Dennison is more than a little overexposed at the moment? Enough already! As far as I'm concerned his very best work was this anti drug driving ad - now THAT is how you do viral marketing:
jawnbc likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
I grew tired of the Antarctica video but I would gladly have that for another year. My mum (former Elite, now Gold) even hates the new one and she normally loves all of the safety videos (the Men In Black remains her favourite - I'm not as supportive).
Old Nov 11, 2018, 5:17 pm

The disappointing and scary fact is how out of touch with reality and good taste Air NZ execs are, that this inflight safety video actually passed their scrutiny to be released.
ps107 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
Isn't the point of a safety video, well, "safety", and not the number of views, likes, dislikes or whatever on YouTube. If the only reason for this is to get likes, there's clearly no need for the video in the first place, so you might as well drop it.
Fliar likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:22 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by catandmouse
Isn't the point of a safety video, well, "safety", and not the number of views, likes, dislikes or whatever on YouTube. If the only reason for this is to get likes, there's clearly no need for the video in the first place, so you might as well drop it.
Yet the verbal safety demo on the ATR’s takes 30-70seconds, why can’t it be the same on an 77W? How much of the content is really needed vs how much is for hype.
Fliar likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: NZ *G
I always figured these videos were mostly to kill time between push back and the cabin crew being seated on international flights with a substantial taxi, so they make them as long as possible.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sopwith7
I always figured these videos were mostly to kill time between push back and the cabin crew being seated on international flights with a substantial taxi, so they make them as long as possible.
Though not helpful at Wellington, where with the Antarctic one, once had a fast push back and taxi (guessing no other movements at the time) and we had to wait for the video to finish and the cabin crew secure the cabin before entering the runway.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:57 pm

Programs: NZ *G
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Though not helpful at Wellington, where with the Antarctic one, once had a fast push back and taxi (guessing no other movements at the time) and we had to wait for the video to finish and the cabin crew secure the cabin before entering the runway.
so frustrating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.