Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New safety video Nov 2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:35 pm

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
I thought some of the previous ones were poor at best, but is this really a safety video for Air NZ?
Is rap really New Zealand culture?
After watching this safety video for the first time, how many first time fliers will remember even a fraction of the safety content?

Please go back to almost any of the previous ones, even the Richard Simmons one!
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
This is totally incomprehensible. I didn't understand a word. Does the authority that is responsible for requiring safety instructions accept this as passing the test?
RTWFF likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by Trumpkin
I thought some of the previous ones were poor at best, but is this really a safety video for Air NZ?
Is rap really New Zealand culture?
After watching this safety video for the first time, how many first time fliers will remember even a fraction of the safety content?

Please go back to almost any of the previous ones, even the Richard Simmons one!
Well Lord of the Rings isn't New Zealand-ish, but they pretended it was.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
... Really... I mean... I'm not normally one to call someone out for this sort of thing, but it's just a safety video, it might be lame but it's like 2 minutes of the flight.

After some of my recent experiences in J with Qantas who have a more "professional" video, I would 100% fly with Air NZ any time I get the chance, with the safety video not once ever entering my decision making.
If only it was 2 minutes...closer to 5.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:41 am

Programs: Air NZ *E
Originally Posted by DragonSoul
I lasted 1 minute 16 seconds. Is this a record?
I managed 20 seconds.

I can imagine the exec team saying (as we speak) "everyone is talking about the new video, love it or hate it, but that's a win either way!". But, if so many people dislike it, or find it irritating, and don't pay as much attention during the safety briefing, then that is a true fail.
ottiehund likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:02 am

Programs: Air NZ Gold
Looks well away from my idea of humor and I have only watched a snippet. But on the scale of things that bother me this will rank pretty low.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: NZ Silver
Ironically, those non-native speaker will probably get more from it as they'll switch off and focus on the images...meanwhile the rest of us are so focused on trying to decipher the audio, we don't focus on the images and get nothing....the comments on social media are pretty telling, mostly negative....bring back Rico
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:12 am

Cringe! Cringe! .......!
Gawd...this is just awful, gutter trash!
We are already putting up with communal J seating, diminishing entrees and poor food. Now another bad inflight safety video. When will it end??
I only managed 25 sec before I had to click it off.
Can't decide if MIB or this is worse?

I wish the exec responsible for this had some measurable KPI !!
RTWFF likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:21 am

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I guess I'll only be able to fly on the 1st of the month for the next few months.
Ironic. The new star can't wait to see them self on the plane flying to Christchurch on THE FIRST OF DECEMBER!
brenrox likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 1:19 am

These safety videos are one of the things I hate about Air NZ. Their aim is to make them go viral and they love bleating about it. I live in CBD fringe in Auckland and there are loads of Phantom Billstickers around me. I was out the other morning and saw one advertising that the "new safety video was dropping 6th of November" (words to that effect). Not an Air NZ ad explicitly, not advertising a service or a sale, but their new safety video. I mean ffs. Just stop.
ottiehund likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 1:26 pm

What? Really? So... people would spend thousands of dollars out of spite for a video? You can just put your headphones on and ignore it if you want to, even though you're technically not supposed to do that. You made an account on flyertalk because the safety video upsets you this much?

The ONLY reason I'd suggest different safety videos is because people in J are often frequent flyers. And it doesn't matter if it's a well put together novelty video or not. A novelty video starts to grate on you after the 5th time of watching it.

It's not us long-haul flyers I feel sorry for, it's the people who fly domestically every day.

Ok. You try putting your headphones on and ignoring it. The overzealous indoctrinated Air New Zealander cabin crew member will make your life hell. I've seen it. Don't think it doesn't happen.

Yes it grates FF. They're an airlines bread and butter. Lose them at your peril. I'd hate to see my passengers being forced to watch such condescending drivel. It doesn't start the flight off on a good foot.

So much so, I want to send a memo to the boss. "Boss, how about we just get our passengers from A to B, safely, and leave them in peace. A short safety brief, the mandatory quarantine PA and a short service PA. Leave them to it. We'll still let them know if something changes or delays etc."

I'm sure I d be onto a winner. It's that or being forced to watch that cringingly torturous video and be told that your travelling with the proud winners of the Conde Nast Airline of the year award for 2015 and the Airline ratings.com top whatever category winners every 5 minutes at the end of every PA....
Fliar likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Well, they posted it on Facebook and it did super well. People talking about how much they love it. So there you go. We are all in the minority.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Well, they posted it on Facebook and it did super well. People talking about how much they love it. So there you go. We are all in the minority.
The Youtube comments are mostly, if not all negative...which makes me wonder whether they are/can manipulate the Facebook comments.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I still had the Antarctica video on my flight to SYD today.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Originally Posted by brenrox
The Youtube comments are mostly, if not all negative...which makes me wonder whether they are/can manipulate the Facebook comments.
I just checked it out and WOW... look at that dislike to like ratio!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.