Search

PPT arrival time - missing last ferry.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite, Qantas Platinum
PPT arrival time - missing last ferry.

Hi

Partner and I are on our honeymoon in January - we have booked an (expensive) seven day retreat at a resort in Moorea. Air NZ flight lands in PPT at 3.55pm and I am worried about getting on the last ferry of the day which is 5.30 from what I can see. We are in PE so front bit of plane which _should_ mean bags reasonably quickly... but still seems a bit tight.

Anyone done this connection? Presumably it is reasonably common...
Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:16 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by newtestleper
Hi

Partner and I are on our honeymoon in January - we have booked an (expensive) seven day retreat at a resort in Moorea. Air NZ flight lands in PPT at 3.55pm and I am worried about getting on the last ferry of the day which is 5.30 from what I can see. We are in PE so front bit of plane which _should_ mean bags reasonably quickly... but still seems a bit tight.

Anyone done this connection? Presumably it is reasonably common...
A taxi direct to the wharf should get you there in plenty of time.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
does the resort arrange collection from the airport and transfer to the port? (I seem to recall that happening when I went)

and I remember immigration was painfully slow - so hope that's been fixed up
Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: NZ *G
Should be ok, the airport is quite close to town (ferry building is directly in the centre of town on the water). Just grab a direct taxi as stated above. I also recall the ferry running a bit behind schedule.

You could also book a flight from PPT Moorea, not cheap but only takes 15 mins.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:05 pm

I think the last flight from PPT to MOZ departs before the NZ flight arrives, so the ferry is the only realistic option.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:26 am
Original Poster

For those interested, made it easily. Was in J which obviously helped. Straight off plane, first in queue for immigration. No line. Straight through, into taxi. Made ferry with an hour to spare.
sopwith7 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: AIRNZ *GE, Qantas, Krisflyer
Thats good when we went we were told we had to spend the first night in PPT.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iluvflying
Thats good when we went we were told we had to spend the first night in PPT.
It's a tricky one and I'm surprised Air NZ don't bring the flight forward half an hour. I would not want to risk it if in Y. We had no bags either deliberately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.