Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

no show for first flight - voids return?

Old Nov 4, 18, 1:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite, Qantas Platinum

gidday - have some seat only ANZ flights to and from Oz this coming weekend, booked using APD. Due to a long chain of events it'll be easier for me to get the QF flight over around the same time. I'm happy to cancel the flight; but I do want to use the return leg a couple of days later to come back. If I cancel or just don't show for the first, am I still okay to come back on the return leg?

Cheers
Old Nov 4, 18, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you no show on the first leg to Oz the next leg back to Kiwiland will be auto cancelled.
Best to phone Air NZ and cancel the first and ask to keep the second.
Old Nov 4, 18, 1:39 am

Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Your return flight will be cancelled if you don't show for the first flight - this is the norm with every airline in the world.

You will need to ring Air NZ and cancel the first flight for you. Your ticket change fee may apply for doing this since it is a change to the actual ticket itself.
Old Nov 4, 18, 12:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Do not do this without determining the cost of making the ticket change. Depending on your fare basis, it may be exorbitant.
Old Nov 4, 18, 12:14 pm

Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
Do not do this without determining the cost of making the ticket change. Depending on your fare basis, it may be exorbitant.
There won't be a fare difference since NZ sell most fares as O/W sectors these days and not a R/T.

Fare change fees will probably apply ($100 TT from memory) unless NZ decide to waive them.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: