Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dinner guest in business class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle
The food I had on AKL-SFO and LAX-AKL last week was seriously underwhelming. The Impossible Burger was the only standout.
Only a single starter now, and with prawns now off the air NZ menu and salmon seemingly gone you can't afford to be fussy.
I miss the prawns.

For the first time, I decided to skip the starter altogether. There was nothing there I wanted to eat.

In contrast, the real crabmeat starter on potatoes served on QF was a real treat.
Hopefully some of you will have the opportunity to try it with the new QF/NZ alliance.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by sbiddle

Only a single starter now, and with prawns now off the air NZ menu and salmon seemingly gone you can't afford to be fussy.
Definitely not good news for me. Given my food allergies I rarely got to eat the starter when there was a choice.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
If you have a lot of food allergies... Wouldn't it make sense to book a special meal?
RTWFF likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
If you have a lot of food allergies... Wouldn't it make sense to book a special meal?
I can't eat nightshades (tomatoes, potatoes, capsicums, etc) and crustaceans (prawns, shrimp, crab, etc). Which special meal do you recommend?

For trans-Pacific I have done the Fruit Platter option. I could eat it but fruit for entree, main course, dessert and breakfast gets a bit overwhelming. I even had the flight attendant ask me why on earth I chose that option, given it is the least requested they have. Unfortunately, on shorter flights, such as trans-Tasman, there is no special meal I can request. My strategy is to load up in the lounge when they have food I can eat. I can always eat the fruit they have as a midnight snack on long haul flights.

In Business trans-Pacific or to London I can eat the meat, poultry or fish offering, given they assemble everything on site, and they are gracious enough not to add the other items that I can't eat. In Premium Economy I am without options (I try not to fly Economy, if I do I simply can't eat). It really sucks.

Last edited by SeaProf; Nov 4, 2018 at 2:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.