FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air New Zealand | Air Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points-440/)
-   -   Singapore T3 Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points/1936705-singapore-t3-lounge.html)

TheeRicca Oct 21, 2018 5:50 pm

Singapore T3 Lounge

Hi. I have just recently moved to GE and I see there is a few lounge options in T3. Which one is best? Thanks

Thai-Kiwi Oct 21, 2018 7:15 pm

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

NZ Gold Elite just counts as Star Alliance Gold (*G), so Changi T3 so if travelling in Economy you get to use the KrisFlyer Gold lounge, if in Business you can use the Silver Kris Lounge (nicer of the 2.).

gratn Oct 21, 2018 10:11 pm

I looked at the Star Gold lounge in T3 recently on my way to the Silver Kris lounge (I was travelling SQ in J). It looked ok but bland. The Silver Kris lounge was big but underwhelming too - very dark, and food options all a bit one dimensional (but hey, what do you expect but Singaporean food 😀). Having tried both, I wouldn’t feel bad about only going to the Star Gold lounge next time.

Hint - to find both, look for big escalators at one end of the T3 shopping precinct (the opposite end from the transit hotel and butterfly enclosure).

dadig Oct 21, 2018 10:12 pm

if you are on SIN-AKL flight via NZ/SQ flight then Elites can use the SilverKris, no guests permitted)

Thai-Kiwi Oct 21, 2018 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by dadig (Post 30341490)
if you are on SIN-AKL flight via NZ/SQ flight then Elites can use the SilverKris, no guests permitted)

Thanks. Here is the ref: https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/star...apore-airlines

ottiehund Sep 23, 2019 4:35 am

I am sitting in the Silverkris lounge now in T3 (flying J to CHC on NZ3297, aka SQ297) and agree with above comments on the lounges ‘blandness’, and underwhelming food options (I like Singaporean food but what I tried so far was not good, which is surprising given the competition in the terminal if you are happy to pay).

cleanliness is average and the lighting is downright poor. Seating layout is strange, plenty of seats options for singles which is good but some seat clusters placed over walkways makes walking around a bit like navigating a maze.

Looking forward to the flight as haven’t flown the A350 before, but am about to go out going out To main terminal now I am fed and watered and given I am not finding the lounge that inviting or relaxing. If this is the better if the 2 lounges then the KrisFlyer lounge must be pretty ordinary.

drajknox Sep 23, 2019 5:53 am

Originally Posted by ottiehund (Post 31553448)
I am sitting in the Silverkris lounge now in T3 (flying J to CHC on NZ3297, aka SQ297) and agree with above comments on the lounges ‘blandness’, and underwhelming food options (I like Singaporean food but what I tried so far was not good, which is surprising given the competition in the terminal if you are happy to pay).

cleanliness is average and the lighting is downright poor. Seating layout is strange, plenty of seats options for singles which is good but some seat clusters placed over walkways makes walking around a bit like navigating a maze.

Looking forward to the flight as haven’t flown the A350 before, but am about to go out going out To main terminal now I am fed and watered and given I am not finding the lounge that inviting or relaxing. If this is the better if the 2 lounges then the KrisFlyer lounge must be pretty ordinary.

I concur with your comments re the SQ lounges - I found the SATS lounge better when there in July.

gambda Sep 23, 2019 3:11 pm

The only nice thing I find about the Silver Kris lounge is the showers with amenities which I've never had to wait for and the friendly attenders clean them thoroughly after each use. The KrisFlyer lounge lacks basic facilities - showers & restrooms but the renovations which SQ have said will complete in a couple of years should see a big improvement in all their lounges.

oranjemakker Sep 23, 2019 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by gambda (Post 31555570)
The only nice thing I find about the Silver Kris lounge is the showers with amenities which I've never had to wait for and the friendly attenders clean them thoroughly after each use. The KrisFlyer lounge lacks basic facilities - showers & restrooms but the renovations which SQ have said will complete in a couple of years should see a big improvement in all their lounges.

Actually I understand that during the renovation Krisflyer Gold is using a different lounge (Marhaba Lounge) which does in fact have bathrooms!
https://www.australianfrequentflyer....nge-singapore/

Seems to be marginally better than the terrible old Krisflyer Gold Lounge

gambda Sep 23, 2019 4:16 pm

A buzzer system for the toilets..love it !